Author Topic: Clingy Friend! Help?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Clingy Friend! Help?
« on: August 04, 2014, 04:47:57 pm »
I had joined a roleplay and often it is just me and my friend online in the group.  But now every time I log in and he is online he asks me to roleplay with him.  But the thing is sometimes I don't want to roleplay with him and then i feel bad because he is alone.  And of course he gives me those sad faces and stuff.  But the thing is often when i do come we roleplay for about ten minutes then just stop and I don't even like the plot of the roleplay. All together he makes me feel bad whenever I say no to him.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: Clingy Friend! Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:47:59 pm »
Don't feel bad for wanting to say 'no' to your friend, Rustys. I'm sure you're not the only one who has been in the same position as you. Saying 'no' or accepting a 'no' is one of the many things that friends have to do. Either in your favor or theirs.

Yes, there will and are going to be times where either you or your friend are not going to like a 'no.' However, instead of disliking it, respect it. Your friend doesn't know what you feel is not a good time to do something and vise versa. So, I hope your friend never takes offense to you saying 'no' to wanting someone to play with. It's just sometimes, at the very moment is not really a good time or you just don't want to play.   

Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:00:09 pm »
Don't feel bad hun. Just let him know how you feel; if he cannot respect the fact that you too have a life outside of the role-plays then he isn't a good friend. Of course, just sit down with him, have a little talk and then walk off in separate ways.

If he is a good friend then he will understand the situation that he has put you in; and maybe he'll ease off a bit. He has to accept the fact that some times you have to say "no" and sometimes he won't like it, same goes for you.

In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:12 pm »
I've been there plenty times hun. As much as you don't want to hurt your friend sometimes we all need some space and if your friend really cares for you they'd understand that. I have had a number of friends and other individuals follow me in game quite a bit. Many times I just logged on and within seconds or minutes they attach themselves to me or start talking to me. Sometimes I adore their company especially on my really playful days but often times I just wish to be alone. It becomes increasingly difficult to do your own thing when users couch all around you and pretty much staple you to that map... and as a moderator trust me it bothers me since I need to run laps in the maps and focus some time on my work. It's come to a point where I no longer accept friend requests. I try to nicely tell the people that I am busy or in a bad mood but some don't seem to get that. Don't put yourself through an uncomfortable or undesired situation, just be honest and tell them that you need some you time and if they are mature enough they should understand. Tell them that you honestly appreciate their company etc but that you have things you'd like to do differently on that particular day. If the person can't handle it well that's not your fault... they're just being selfish and immature.

Offline Dobo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I like Marvel AND DC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:21 am »
I understand entirely.... I have a few friends that are noobs and they think I'm the best thing ever and they always want to hang out with me. Usually I don't mind because I know people are mean to noobs and illiterates, so I want to encourage them as much as possible with good advice and role plays of their choice... but when they be all like "y u no play with me anymore? u no luv me?" I be like "Boi, back up off o' me. I gots a life!" :/
Ferret-Dragons!!!