Author Topic: south pole just REFUSES to let me in  (Read 1513 times)

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
south pole just REFUSES to let me in
« on: May 02, 2013, 06:12:15 pm »
EVERY CHARACTER every time i reset characters about 8 or more times and SP is literally REFUSING to let me in even with barly anyone in there sometimes bonfire wont let me in at all to
this first happened when i had to re-install the game and after a few times uninstalling it and re-installing it finally worked and stopped crashing now it just continues...
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
My username in game is rink if you find another user using rink it is a fake.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: south pole just REFUSES to let me in
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 06:18:22 pm »
Are you getting any error messages when you try to get in or it just crashes? Do you get the "failed to connect to map server" message or anything? Maybe try uninstalling and deleting your FH folder and then reinstalling your game. Just back up all your important files like presets, maps, and screenshots though. It's possible you messed up some of the game's default files some where along the line and that's whats causing it. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »
Do you get a pop up that says "Failed to connect to Server" or does your game crash completely?

I this sudden situation happened when you were constantly re-downloading your game, then chances are some files may be corrupted. If not that, then perhaps you might want to try switching your video rendering settings from OpenGL to Direct

A little more detail would help us most greatly.

I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »
it gets"feralheart exe has stopped working- ALL the time every char
i tried to uninstall and re-install and it still wont let me in
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:05:02 pm »
It sounds like a Rendering Subsystem error. Perhaps try to change your OpenGL setting to Direct.

Open up your Ogre cfg in your feral heart folder. At the top where it says OpenGL Rendering Subsystem, change that to Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem. That should let you in the game and into the front menu again.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »
It sounds like a Rendering Subsystem error. Perhaps try to change your OpenGL setting to Direct.

Open up your Ogre cfg in your feral heart folder. At the top where it says OpenGL Rendering Subsystem, change that to Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem. That should let you in the game and into the front menu again.

tried that it wont work

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:48:55 pm »
Perhaps it's your firewall that is blocking your connection to the Internet. Try turning that off and see what happens, if not that then maybe your video rendering card isn't up to date
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 09:18:27 pm »
Hmm... Dd you messed up the terrains files? If not, it's really your graphic card that's outdated. If yes, you can update by following this tutorial: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=514.0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:24:24 pm by Whinp »

In-game name as: Whinp