Author Topic: Preset Help  (Read 777 times)

Offline cookiesincrem

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset Help
« on: May 17, 2013, 10:55:08 pm »
Ok so I've made my first preset, and it comes out perfect on my char. BUT, I didn't want to make a preset for the eyes and mane. Now, whenever I try to put a mane on that char, it comes out either white, or yellow and black. Same with the eyes. I've seen people with presets, and their mane and eyes don't have a preset on them, so I know it is possible to make a preset without making the mane and eyes. How do I fix this so that I can have normal (non-preset) eyes and mane? Please help!

Thanks,
Mel
Smile... it will either warm their heart or piss them off... either way you win!!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:59:39 pm »
It's actually not possible to do that, they just look the same as the default mane and eyes because they made them with the same masks as the game uses.
For instance, if you go into C:\FeralHeart\media\textures
you will find all the markings and masks used on the characters, fmanemask and feyemasks are in there as well, which is what you may use on your presets to make default-looking manes and eyes, as well as shadings provided in that folder.
But there is not a way to use the character color sliders to color parts of the preset.
No way that I am aware of anyway, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.