Author Topic: Problem with textures in Windows 8  (Read 1105 times)

Offline starry4321

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Problem with textures in Windows 8
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:43:14 am »
I'm not that sure if several people asked you this,but,if they did,can you please link a solution to it?

Okay,history first.

Before my dad changed our system to Windows 8, we used Windows 7, and last year it's graphics weren't working well. They had no textures D: Everything was grass grass grass :U and then last week, I installed FeralHeart again,with the Magic Fix thing bla bla bla, and it worked. The water was clear, I can see the textures in maps. And then my dad changed our system into Windows 8. So I installed FeralHeart. And the problem is back. EVERYTHING\S GRASS GRASS AGAIN.

So, pretty much I don't think we have to update our graphics card because it worked in Windows 7  :-\

PLEASE HELP u.u

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with textures in Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:01:42 pm »
Perhaps changing your rendering system will help see your texture differently.
In order to do this, you must go to the main page of feral heart, go to optionas and video. From there you should change it from Direct3D9 to OpenGL.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline ~Wolfexerz~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • ~Forever a Wolf at Heart.~
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with textures in Windows 8
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:08:29 pm »
Well it seemed when you used MagicFix your problem cleared, so maybe you can try using that again. Or delete it and uninstall. And/or change your rendering system as said above. But it might have to do with your new computer, I do have a Windows 8 and it's pretty difficult to work out, but if it's the textures that are messed up maybe there is something wrong with the texture file? o:

This says friendship like nothing else.