Author Topic: Same Terrain Texture everywhere, help~  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Ichiikinz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Same Terrain Texture everywhere, help~
« on: May 26, 2013, 03:46:03 am »
Hey there,

I'm posting regarding to an issue that my boyfriend has.. He is unable to post right now so I am making the post for him. Onto the real issue, he's had this problem ever since he downloaded the game. Everywhere he goes, there is the same terrain texture everywhere. He sees the yellowishgrass texture everywhere, even on custom maps.

Here's an example:

(How he sees everything)

(How it's supposed to be)

Not only on custom maps does this texture appear, also in the FeralHeart maps. He's even tried to make maps of his own and it can't load any texture when he tries to change the terrain texture, it just sticks to the yellowish grass. It's like a curse or something hehe... He's even uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it's still the same. He's even checked for duplicates of particles, meshes, etc... still didn't fix anything. So could anyone please help us? It's driving the both of us nuts  :'(

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Same Terrain Texture everywhere, help~
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:49:43 am »
Try having him go to Options>Video>Rendering Subsystem
switch it to whichever one isn't already selected, and then restart FH when prompted.

Offline Ichiikinz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 04:41:07 am »
Try having him go to Options>Video>Rendering Subsystem
switch it to whichever one isn't already selected, and then restart FH when prompted.

Yes he has tried. Originally it was Direct3D9 and the only thing left to select was OpenGL, however, once he switched to OpenGL, FeralHeart crashes every time he tries opening the program. Same thing if he opens as admin.

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13:56 am »
When he re-installed did he delete the old FeralHeart folder?
If not then he should try to re-install again but he has to remember to delete the old FeralHeart folder also.
shhh noone knows me

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:13 am »
Old video card or drivers that cannot draw the textures properly.

Either look and see if there's driver updates for the graphics chip/card that their computer use, and if there's no updates and they already use the most recent. It's most likely due to old hardware within the computer itself.

Can always check so things like DirectX is installed properly as well but I do not think it should affect the textures like that. The most cases before it has either been lack of drivers for the graphics card or outdated hardware.
Former community manager of FeralHeart