Author Topic: Some help with objects I created please. (With a picture!)  (Read 1189 times)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Some help with objects I created please. (With a picture!)
« on: June 07, 2013, 05:45:28 pm »
Hey guys, Duna here. I am having a bit of a problem with objects I create. Recently I created a stone and wooden fence object. After I submitted it to Default folder I tested it out and it was not solid (As in, I could run right through it). Here is a pic to explain it all. If you're experts at this kind of stuff, can you give me some help?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:38:53 pm by Dunastar »

EnderStar

Re: Some help with objects I created please. (With a picture!)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 06:09:21 pm »
No worries. Just go to object maker and open up the fence mesh. Then on the second tab on Ob ject Maker, you'll see your mesh file and texture file in the two long boxed. Up above that is a checkbox labeled: Own Collision. Check the box, save the mesh, and the fence will be solid.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »
Ok, I did that but it is still not solid. Is something wrong?

EnderStar

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:56:52 pm »
Not working? Alright. You went to Object Maker... You opened your fence mesh... You clicked on the second tab which is called 'Mesh'... You checked in the box for Own Collision... You saved and tried again... But it doesn't work? Is this one mesh or did you use separate pillars from the Feral Heart Basic Shapes mesh?

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
If these are separate meshes, such as the cylinder mesh, you need to click on each one and make sure that the box is checked for 'Own Collision' for each cylinder. If this isn't working, I'm not sure what to do.

~Cocoa
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:55:52 pm »
If it still doesn't work then you can make your own collision by going to the collision section of object maker (and like everyone else mentioned, make sure you have the collision box checked). In the collision section you can resize transparent collisions to fit perfectly into the object to stop your character from going through it. After that - you export/save!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone