Author Topic: Losing Connection  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Mocking

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Losing Connection
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:27:11 pm »
Is it just Fluorite that's having this problem? Because I'm trying to RP and, while my Internet connection is PERFECTLY fine, FH disconnects me from the server. So, I don't know what to do because I've restarted my computer, but nothing's working. And I don't want to re-download FH because I don't know how to get my maps back ;;

Offline Larka98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Old school retired player
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Connection
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:07:10 pm »
Id do a backup of your files then re-install.

Also, If you use the ESC > Options then scroll to view distnace and water reflection, turn both off.

Its most likely the amount of Lag, or if not, A large amount of players on the server.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:09:35 pm by Larka98 »
Old school retired player who occasionally comes in for a peek

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:11 pm »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Mocking

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 01:48:40 am »
Lag isn't exactly the problem. My internet is fine, but FH keeps disconnecting me. But then  I have to reinstall my maps and I don't remember which file name was for what.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:35:03 am »
That could be some problem, it can cause confusion on which map items belongs to which map.  If you permently lost your maps, then try this section here to where you might find some new maps:

Maps:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=110.0

Also if your connection justs keeps getting disconnected, then it's not really a FH problem but your own computer problem? Did you made sure your firewall was turned off?
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Mocking

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »
Firewall? I don't know if it's turned off, but FH has worked fine for me in the past, but now all of a sudden my laptop disconnects me from the Internet. That normally doesn't happen, but even when my Internet is perfectly fine, I get "Reconnecting...". It happened again not too long ago with trying to get back in the Plains and I got "FearlHeart.exe" has stopped working." But even when I try to redownload FH, it won't work. So I don't know what to do anymore.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:53 pm »
Well the server is crashing sometimes because of the amount of people...
and well, are you uploading something in a site? like if you upload something and you play FH it will get connection problems.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Mocking

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:59 pm »
I'm not uploading anything. The only windows I have up are iTunes and MS Word. But it gets really annoying that it disconnects me during RP.