Author Topic: FH won't open?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Arcanine101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • What even
    • View Profile
FH won't open?
« on: July 06, 2013, 01:35:59 am »
ok it does open but after the black screen with the random white words, this popup comes up that says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." so i tried to re-install FH, but when i tried to open the startup thing (forgot what you call it) it said "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." so i downloaded it over and over, and it kept saying the same thing. until this is fixed, can somebody go in the game and whisper the username pocketrox that Arcanine101 is having troubles opening the game and can't log on for a while? also say the same things to Megurine Luka 03, Emberflame, and Moonlightroses1. I rly wanna get back in FH and keep trying to get in Feral City D:
Not using this account anymore, found at Mapletyler ingame

Offline Time_TC

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Wat.
    • View Profile
    • My dA.
Re: FH won't open?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 01:45:30 am »
Okay, did you uninstall FH first or started the installation? Torrent, was it? I'm attempting to download the game on my new laptop, maybe it might have the same problem.. I might as well be pretty useless right now D:

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:46:40 am »
It may have happened when as you said "It was trying to get in Feral city" that you've copied the contents inside of the files into another folder, not exports. Or if you've been trying to delete some things, you may have accidentally deleted some important content that corrupted your files. I had the same problem and it was finally solved. Make sure you're downloading it correctly. 'This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found.': http://www.dll-files.com/
Go into this website and and type in: "d3dx9_42.dll" (Without the "), you will get a file and download it. Once you have it downloaded, if you have to extract or unzip (the archive) you will get one small file named "d3dx9_42.dll copy and paste it to where your game is installed. Example: C:/program files/Company name/game name or easily go to your dekstop icon right click ( note that this works both with xp and windows 7 exept its called a little bit differently ;))propertiess->open file target location. Hope this helps! Sincerely, .Re.~

Offline Arcanine101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • What even
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 01:57:50 am »
i'm pretty sure i put all the Feral City files in the right spots. and i downloaded it last night, so if it were that i wouldn't have been able to log in earlier today and yesterday. Also i never thought of uninstalling the game before trying to re-install, but i'm already downloading the dll whatsit as i type this.
Not using this account anymore, found at Mapletyler ingame