Author Topic: Making a map - Need help  (Read 1217 times)

Offline balsam

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Making a map - Need help
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:12:21 am »
I don't know if i've put this topic in the right place? But whatever :3

I'm making a mapped, semi-realistic, literate rp - The problem is, i need a map.
It's not like i don't know how to make a map, it's just that Photoshop won't work, nor will GIMP. So i was wondering about if someone could make me a map?
If you do, then you must know this:
Please draw the map by GIMP/Photoshop and send me the picture as a png file :) Please don't public the map by FH or anything, couse then i won't be able to put meshes in it etc. Just simply send me the picture when you're done with it :)
I hope there are somebody out there, who could help me with this - Couse i really much wanna make this map. If you want this voluntarily, then please subscribe here :3

How i want the map to look like: (I don't know how to post picture in here, so i hope this won't be all too confusing - If it is, then i will make a picture by paint and post in deviantart; and ofcourse give you the link.)

I want a river to cross the map (In the middle of the map, make a not too deep river, that shall symbol: Two territories) The one half of the map is a jungle, and the other is a town. Please do not add any huge mountains, or make the ground too confusing. Where the town is: Make to high places (Not too high ofcourse, but high enough for a brigde to be between them) So i'm able to add the mesh - Stone brigde, between the high places. I please don't want any watrer holes in the town, couse it's supose to be a 'dry-place' (You can also add some of your own ideas in the town-part, just don't make it too complicated.

The jungle: Make some water-holes, maybe a high place so i can add waterfalls. You can also simply make some holes, that i can make to 'hide-places': Add some very small mountains around, but also have a spot where the ground is completely flat, so i can add meshes, den etc. on it.

Everything: Please make it a bit smooth, you know, only to make it look a bit beautier :)
I hope some of you can help me.

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
Re: Making a map - Need help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:48 am »
Alright Ellefsen,  I am not sure why Gimp isn't working for you. If you want to make the map yourself, Just look up tutorials on YouTube, Feral Heart, or just google. However I won't be able to make the map myself, (I am working on too many) I want to know why it doesn't work. Is the game crashing when you load the map? Err what? Next time, put this thread in the Request Maps section, but a mod might move it.

If your game crashes when it loads..
-Try using the Watermill terrain and drawing over it without changing any of the settings.
-Make sure the file is 513 x 513 in size
-Make sure the file is grayscaled. {In gimp, pick Image, hover mode, and click Gray-scaled.
-Make sure there is only one layer.
-Make sure the file is a .png file.

To post pictures, upload them to TinyPic and pick the code that starts with [IMG] or the Direct link. If you pick the [IMG] code, just paste that in. If you pick the Direct URL, press the second button to the right and then paste it. Hope I helped.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:24:26 am »
Oh floof, like Aniuk has stated before me, this thread belongs in the "Request Maps" section of the forum, so yeah, it's in the wrong place. Don't fret though, a MOD will surely come over to move it sooner or later to the correct designation.

About your problem with posting a picture, merely use the code below in your post to post it:

Code: [Select]
[IMG]-Insert your picture's URL here.-[/IMG]
You can get an URL from your picture by uploading your picture to a photo-hosting site such as Mediafire, Tinypic, or Photobucket. Once it's uploaded, just copy/paste the given URL using the code above.

Hope this helps and I wish you luck in finding a map maker to create your map.

Aniuk has beat me to this.
gone

Offline balsam

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 11:28:49 am »
Simply, GIMP won't work. It crashed all the time when i try to open it, so i can't even draw anything.
Same thing with Photoshop.

And i apologise for putting this topic in the wrong place - Hopefully, it won't happen again.

Thanks for telling me how to post pics :D

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:49:43 pm »
That's a shame GIMP or Photoshop is crashing, perhaps you have downloaded the wrong one for your computer. I downloaded GimpShop and it appeared to be crashing but just GIMP worked fine.

I would uninstall GIMP and try downloading it again, make sure you're are downloading it from the GIMP site:

If it still is not working I would suggest making a thread on the Request Maps board rather than on the Game Discussion board :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:52:32 pm by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.