Author Topic: My friend can't see my preset  (Read 3986 times)

Offline nightowl

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My friend can't see my preset
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:01:37 am »
Me and my friend spent all night working on a preset so we could see each other as our characters. I sent her my preset file and it worked just fine, we both can see it. She sent me her file but I can't see her preset in game, she can see her preset but I just see the orange preset. What are we doing wrong? We both did the exact same thing. We went to Preset Maker when we finished, clicked our preset and exported, sent it to each other and dropped it in our preset folder. Does anyone know what we can do to fix this?

If it helps, my name has no capitals but hers starts with a capital C. When she sends the file it is a lower case c, but I have changed it to uppercase when I downloaded it but it still doesn't work.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: My friend can't see my preset
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:46:54 am »
I don't exactly understand, but it seems like you can't see your friend's preset and they can see yours though.
Make sure you put it in your presets folder, not my_presets in case you got. They should be .fhp's too including your usernames. Take this for example:
hugrf2_5.fhp
That's the exported file I have, and I have people download the file and put them in the presets folder which is not my_presets ^^
Also, make sure you restart the game after inserting it, and make sure it's the correct number and username, perhaps even including the caps in the username.
That's for who is having issues with the preset file I guess, and the owner of the preset would have to make it a .fhp if it's not one.
Hope this helped at all.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: My friend can't see my preset
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:54 pm »
Solution one: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

Solution two: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH.

Solution 3: If you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.

Hope this helped a little.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone