Author Topic: Hunting, Carrying, Den making, and Other stuff.  (Read 3626 times)

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting, Carrying, Den making, and Other stuff.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »
Yes... I like TheWarrior's ideas. I think that should be added. That way, in rp, you could pick up your pups/injured packmates, but not have to worry about spam. And as for the dens... If you have a pack, then the den will stay until the whole pack is disbanded. But if it is a loner's den, when the loner logs out, the den will disappear. This makes it easier for the warrior cats who can't download maps. This way, they can have more than just a rock for camp.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 04:38:33 pm »
Nice ideas here, I also think the carrying feature would be pretty darn neat too. With the PvP, that could be a bit on the iffy side. Well first, the PvP is more suited for gaming platforms that feature a leveling system, character stat differentiation, various servers, and focus solely on the fighting aspect of the game. Or, contrast to RPPVP (Role-playing Player Verses Player) could be more favorable, however, it still comes to the fighting realm to regular PvP. In my opinion, it would be cool to have a player verses player side into the game, but I don't think Feral Heart would be the game for that. 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 04:57:05 pm »
PvP could go either way. Trolls will be trolls and fight everyone who just happenes to sit down, and just THINK about the TLK roleplayers and how many fights there would be. However, roleplays would be MUCH more realistic, and people couldn't ignore your attacks because they can SEE it on their character.

The picking up pups or injured characters could be pretty cool, I just think we'd have to make sure that there is an options to turn off requests.

Now to my favorite. Hunting. I like all the controls, however, imagine if there were prey in every map. AI shouldn't really have prey since it isn't realistic and it's made for parkour. Fluorite Plains and South Pole, even the Cape could do really well with prey but not so much with Bonfire. If there were to be dens and prey plus the number of players already IN Bonfire the lag will get pretty bad.

I also like the idea of not catching prey every time, but prey should disappear after a while. We'll have a million birds, deer, and whatever else laying around.

I like the idea for dens, could make it very interesting to have a home base. I think you should have an option to turn off dens, or block certain dens so you don't lag or whatever. But if you don't use them after a while, they should disappear.

At might be a good idea to have group dens, were only you and your group can enter a den, and if you don't have a group only you can enter. That way you don't have to defend your den.

How about that if you don't log onto and go into that den, it'll disappear after a certain while? And if you disband your group, the den goes away too?

All in all, everything should be added at some point. It would make an epic game even more epic.
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 05:01:44 pm »
Check out my other ideas thread, too. ^^
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
I think it would be nice to start in a den-like map instead of Lonely Cave, which would be another portal in Lonely Cave that you could acess. One thing could be different though; there should be an option, when you are inside the den, to Invite your friends into the map. Basicly, a private map that everyone has, but you need an invitation :S Murh...

Offline DragonsBane

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 05:39:49 am »
Woah, these would be awesome! It would certainly make the game a lot more fun.
Sure, its fun already, but when you don't have anyone to roleplay with or talk to, its a bit boring.