Poll

Which feature would you like to be added to the game the most?

Clear Chat Button/Command
3 (42.9%)
The option to bring up the character selection screen without having to log out
1 (14.3%)
I can't decide because they both sound like good additions.
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Clear Chat Command and Switching Characters without having to log out  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Tigsan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Beware the fluffehness!!!
    • View Profile
I have two more ideas in mind. 1. A chat clearing button/command and 2. The option of switching characters without having to log out.

The reason why I clear out my chatbox every now and then is that when there is too much chatter, it becomes very hard to find your's or somebody else's texts when you're scrolling around to do so, especially when you are role-playing. In order to clear it out, I have to quit out the whole game then come back online. I don't mind doing this, however, it can be very time-consuming for somebody else if they have a super slow computer or internet and they have to wait for about an hour or so to get on. I wish there could be some button or keyboard command that allows you to clear out the whole chatbox so we wouldn't have this type of issue.

Very same reason for the ability to bring up the character selection screen without having to log off, slow connection. It would really help save time if we had the option to do so.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Clear Chat Command and Switching Characters without having to log out
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:47:09 pm »
The clear chat idea I think is pretty neat in my opinion, might be pretty useful in some ways. Though, if you realized you had to scroll up the chat after clearing it then you'd be in trouble. (Not literally.)
So I don't think it's too much of a needed feature, but it's well-thought of and does have it's pros there. I only see one tiny tiny disadvantage there that probably isn't to worry about if it's added.

As for the character selection thing, I think people with bad computers might have troubles with that if the person spawns in that map with that character in a way like AnimalJam.
But, however it might be great for werewolf roleplays or stuff like that in my opinion. I see it's use there.
Nice ideas floof. Sadly KovuLKD left with the source code though so staff can no longer add anything to the game.
But, let's hope he does come back to see these wonderful ideas out there.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Clear Chat Command and Switching Characters without having to log out
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:44:01 pm »
The clear chat command is not really a bad idea at all.

When it comes to the character changing in the game itself, I think that's something a little bit too much asked. Taking away the complexity of making that happen, I honestly do not see any issue with logging off to change your character, very easy and logical. However, maybe an option to go back to the character creation screen from ingame without needing to sign in again Would be good to have.
Former community manager of FeralHeart