Author Topic: FH issues  (Read 1140 times)

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
FH issues
« on: August 28, 2013, 09:12:37 am »
Okay so I downloaded a mod last night, and in the end it made my game too laggy to run, so I removed all the files it had put into my fh folder and the game would no longer open! It opens an initial black window, then closes again.

So what I did next is (thankfully I keep a backup of the original files in each folder) replaced the folder and it's contents with the original game contents, but I still had the same problem.

So what I did was uninstall the game, then I went to the download page only to find that it would not let me download it, but when I clicked on the download button it would redirect me to the homepage.... thankfully I still had the installer in my downloads folder from the last problem I had...

After uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, it works again, but I just wanted to let you know about the download redirect issue.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: FH issues
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:52 am »
Thank you for mentioning this. I have inspected this and yes, it redirects you to the home screen. The mods will fix this soon, I hope. ^^ Once again, thank you.~

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:39:34 am »
The redirection happens to me too. I just close my browser and then keep trying and then it works.
Happy to know that your FH works for you again. =3

And yes, as Tariri said, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:03 pm »
Here are some tips to reduce lag in game
Suggestions:
> Turn off your water reflection
> Switch from OpenGL to Direct3D9
> Turn down your viewing distance and minimize the window to where you can still see the game, but it helps with the lag sometimes
You can switch these settings in your "Option" tab when you push the "Esc" button on the top left kayboard
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:25:02 pm »
Oh my god dear, that mean your files are corrupted. Corrupted is an error. So you need to delete the whole FH file and empty recycle bin and download it again. Try it.

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 01:48:30 am »
The redirect issue exist from time ago maybe purposely because the limited server bandwidth, but the torrent download always work and its "fast" for a torrent.
Anyway, i hope they can solve it soon.

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 07:42:19 am »
Here are some tips to reduce lag in game
Suggestions:
> Turn off your water reflection
> Switch from OpenGL to Direct3D9
> Turn down your viewing distance and minimize the window to where you can still see the game, but it helps with the lag sometimes
You can switch these settings in your "Option" tab when you push the "Esc" button on the top left kayboard

I already know of that, but thanks. The issue was even the home screen of the game lagged so much it took 5 minutes to load up, and I could barely move the mouse to click log in.