Author Topic: TLK- Watch what you're doing!  (Read 2630 times)

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
TLK- Watch what you're doing!
« on: September 01, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »
So a couple days ago I was lying around Bonfire, when I see this

So it's a picture of Scar's daughter and Kopa's son apparently. I saw them roleplaying about how much they "love" each other...
You might be thinking it's no big deal, but think about it:
Mufasa and Scar are brothers.
Mufasa has Kopa, and Scar has a daughter (apparently)
If Kopa has a son, and becomes mates with Loya...
THAT MEANS THEY'RE DISTANTLY REALATED?!?!!?

I see this all the time too, and it messes with my mind. DX

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Re: TLK- Watch what you're doing!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 03:54:13 pm »
Yea, this happens a lot.
Most people seem to toss the 'Scar + Mufasa = Brothers' thing out the window because no one cares about the first movie at all.
So I've seen Mufasa becoming mates with Scar's daughter, Simba's second child mating with Scar's first daughter, ect.
Kinda hurts my head, but still.

Like I said, people toss that concept out the window.
I've also seen Zira's daughter and Scar's son become mates.
Wait a second...
ZIRA AND SCAR ARE MATES!
So they're mating with their sibling... Gross.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:19:36 pm »
Eh, I suppose you shouldn't really worry about these things?
While like you said, the two would be distantly related, and considering that they 'love' each other depending on how it goes it could kinda be considering the ever-so-inapro-'incest'.
But it also goes kinda like Oceanwave said; half the time they throw the very existence of the first movie out there, along with any family relations mentioned there. On the other hand, though, there's kinda a neat thing called 'headcannons' that could roll away the very existence of Scar and Mufasa being blood-brothers. I know people that've only seen the second movie though; information on the first is based only on what might be gathered up on the internet. I myself didn't see the first movie until I was nine! (The second was viewed at the age of five!)

When I've questioned this with users like that, I always brought that up. One specific reply that caught my eye? -

"I think Scar is just Mufasa's adopted brother,"

Which can very well be a logical assumption; considering the fact that, I don't believe Disney made any official confirmations about it. Really, I suppose it depends on the user's view on the family relations, and how you view it as well!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:22:33 pm by Telepathic-Cecil »

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:08:04 pm »
In all honesty, the roles of genetics and how spread about these characters can be would be able to define whether this relationships truly incestuous or not. Let us review what we know in a sort of "family tree" that can distinguish the heritage of Pride Rock's royal family.

Sarabi --- Mufasa                                             Zira --- Scar --- ??      
             |                                                        |     |        |
             |                                                        |     |        |            
            Simba --- Nala                                        |     |    Loya
                 |    |                                               |     |    
                 |    |                                               |     |  
        ??  --- Kopa  Kiara --- Kovu                           Nuka  Vitani
                |                  
                |
           Unnamed son

*All dashes ( or --- ) indicate a "relationship" between said characters and from that relationship, an offspring is produced. (There is no confirmation that Scar and Zira were mates, so this is only a speculation and will not be taken literally.)

* All lines going down will show the descent and siblings/those of the same generation on the same line.

* Bold names indicate the main gene or those actually carrying genetics to the Pride Rock royal family (this excludes spouses that marry in.)

From here, we can see that both Loya and the unnamed son (US)  both carry the genetics of the royal family but seeing as 2 generations passed since the original gene from Mufasa and Scar's generation has come to pass and mixed with others (US has already become mixed with two other family genes thanks to Nala and his mother/Kopa's mate), to define the term incestuous might be pushing it.

Loya has not been determined properly as we are (or at least, I am not) aware of the mother. I am only presuming that Loya was born in the same generation as Simba and Nala as Scar is already dead before Kiara was even born. This indicates (in canon sense) that Loya is Simba's first cousin. In the next generation, where Nuka through Kiara are, it can be determined that Loya is Nuka/Vitani's half sister but also Kiara/Kopa's second cousin. By the next generation (and when Lopa must be very old), US is already her third cousin.

I am going through canon sense, though, so it might be that I'm totally wrong. But in order to clarify the misunderstandings, Mufasa only has ONE son that is Simba and Simba has TWO children which are Kopa and Kiara. So, there shouldn't be any confusion between Lop and US being in the same generation from that early on.

Scientifically and how nature plays all together, it isn't uncommon for those in family to become mates as it is their ultimate goal to pass down their genes and become dominant within the environment. These are Darwinist views however as survival of the fittest and natural selection often plays out in the animal kingdom but I do not suspect these roleplayers to be thinking in that perspective.

Anyways, it is still true that they are distantly related but either way ,there will be a generation or two separating US and Lopa. Still, this might be a bit extreme if they were to well, reproduce, but that's for them to worry about.

Hope this helps!

--SoaringAway
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:18:59 pm by SoaringAway »

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:20:55 pm »
I don't even understand why there is the random children when Mufasa was alive, and then Simba. Simba has Kiara, and Mufasa has Simba. No other children, JUST BE ORINIGAL AND BE A FREAKING LION OR DO THE CAT THINGS WHEN SIMBA DIES . U . Then Kiara and Kovu is your papa :D

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 04:02:43 am »
In all honesty, the roles of genetics and how spread about these characters can be would be able to define whether this relationships truly incestuous or not. Let us review what we know in a sort of "family tree" that can distinguish the heritage of Pride Rock's royal family.

Sarabi --- Mufasa                                              Zira --- Scar --- ??       
             |                                                        |     |        |
             |                                                        |     |        |             
            Simba --- Nala                                        |     |    Loya
                 |    |                                               |     |   
                 |    |                                               |     | 
        ??  --- Kopa  Kiara --- Kovu                           Nuka  Vitani
                |                   
                |
           Unnamed son

*All dashes ( or --- ) indicate a "relationship" between said characters and from that relationship, an offspring is produced. (There is no confirmation that Scar and Zira were mates, so this is only a speculation and will not be taken literally.)

* All lines going down will show the descent and siblings/those of the same generation on the same line.

* Bold names indicate the main gene or those actually carrying genetics to the Pride Rock royal family (this excludes spouses that marry in.)

From here, we can see that both Loya and the unnamed son (US)  both carry the genetics of the royal family but seeing as 2 generations passed since the original gene from Mufasa and Scar's generation has come to pass and mixed with others (US has already become mixed with two other family genes thanks to Nala and his mother/Kopa's mate), to define the term incestuous might be pushing it.

Loya has not been determined properly as we are (or at least, I am not) aware of the mother. I am only presuming that Loya was born in the same generation as Simba and Nala as Scar is already dead before Kiara was even born. This indicates (in canon sense) that Loya is Simba's first cousin. In the next generation, where Nuka through Kiara are, it can be determined that Loya is Nuka/Vitani's half sister but also Kiara/Kopa's second cousin. By the next generation (and when Lopa must be very old), US is already her third cousin.

I am going through canon sense, though, so it might be that I'm totally wrong. But in order to clarify the misunderstandings, Mufasa only has ONE son that is Simba and Simba has TWO children which are Kopa and Kiara. So, there shouldn't be any confusion between Lop and US being in the same generation from that early on.

Scientifically and how nature plays all together, it isn't uncommon for those in family to become mates as it is their ultimate goal to pass down their genes and become dominant within the environment. These are Darwinist views however as survival of the fittest and natural selection often plays out in the animal kingdom but I do not suspect these roleplayers to be thinking in that perspective.

Anyways, it is still true that they are distantly related but either way ,there will be a generation or two separating US and Lopa. Still, this might be a bit extreme if they were to well, reproduce, but that's for them to worry about.

Hope this helps!

--SoaringAway

o-o Wow, you didn't have to be THAT specific. I was just sharing something I saw in Bonfire XD.
Nice info though :)

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...