Author Topic: How do i get my maps in the game?  (Read 918 times)

Offline Aria Black

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How do i get my maps in the game?
« on: September 03, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
I understand where to find the maps once your in the game (in the cape of distant worlds) But how do i get a map i made to be in the cape of distant worlds.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: How do i get my maps in the game?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:13:02 pm »
I think when you make a map and export it completely it automatically sets up your map portal in Caps. To distribute your map to others, you need to collect all the files that you used for your map such as exports or terrains and place them in a ZIP file and send it to friends with a mediafire link
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:52 pm »
I would say like this... (THE MESSAGE WAS FROM BIGBANGTHEORY) : "  By torrent, do you mean so everyone else can download it? If so, you need to export your map in map maker. Secondly, you need to go to FeralHeart >> Exports. Thirdly, you need to make a new folder on your desktop and add all the .fhw, .fhm, .fhs, .fho's that were exported from your map into the folder you made (Make sure to name your folder). Once you've done that, right click the folder and select 'Send to' then select 'Compressed zipped folder' and it should make a zip file of your folder. Finally, upload it to mediafire or sendspace. Any file sharing sites."

I'm not sure if that is how you mean it but I hope it helped. c:

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:30:30 am »
Just adding on...

The portal will automatically appear in Cape of Distant Worlds as long as the Has Portal box is ticked. If not then there is no portal at all, unless you have linked it to another custom made map.

This part here changes your character's arrival location. Instead of arriving in your map in some random corner, you can put coordinates in which will allow your character to appear where you choose. You can read more about it here. :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.