Author Topic: Role Play problems.  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
Role Play problems.
« on: March 03, 2014, 09:12:16 pm »
Ever had this happen?

The big, powerful, brave wolf approached the smaller weaker wolf, this fight would be quick and easy.

Wow, that person just decided that my character was smaller and weaker... Ever had this? I always role play with random people, so I meet a lot of different kind of feral heart player. I've even met a person that decided my character was attracted to hers because she in heat.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Role Play problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:31:02 pm »
I've found that RP styles vary drastically depending on who you talk to and where you are. I've seen power play, like you talk about, in public maps such as Bonfire and Ficho - less often in places like Fluorite, but hey, it happens.

People give RP styles a lot of labels, really. Literate, Illiterate, Multi-Para, Wolfspeak, Powerplay/Godmodding/Mary-Sue, etc. Guess it really does depend on the person. I mean I could generalize and say the younger someone is, the more likely they are to power-play like what you experience, but ayy, I don't try to generalize but obviously not all younger players are like that in the least.

Honestly I just tend to not RP at people if they god-mod/powerplay me. Otherwise I just get terribly frustrated in the long run.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Firewolf10

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:24 pm »
God yes. -_- It's quite irritating at times. I usually post like this when I'm about to go to a fight.(I'm useing my Subject 36 RP character. lol)

36 stared at his opponent through narrowed eyes. He growled as he sized up his opponent. The brute was about the same size so this should be an evenly matched fight.

Of course not exactly like that but you get the point. lol I didn't add the detail that I would usually.

Signature By: snowdonice
Find Me In-Game As: Firewolf10

Offline ProudSpirt

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Howling 'Till Sunrise :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:24 pm »
Yup, i got that a few times  ::) but since i used some cool stuff  they started to actually, don't know how to say this, start to come up and sit beside me to attract attention  :) Yeah it's fine with that but then some MAD , and i mean MAD!! ,people come and do some wrong stuff , just for attention  :-\
Warning:If you find this person please deliver her to the hospital as she suffers random-ous , thank you

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:05:02 am »
I don't use labels, but anyway I'm not really talking about that in the post. This was more "If I say I am bigger and stronger they might let me win" that might be power play I don't know, I was thinking the people who do this assume everyone else is a push over. I role play with any one.

My character isn't much of a fighter, if someone tries to fight him he would normally get beat up or run off.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 05:35:51 am »
I can relate to what yer sayin'. I've encountered a few individuals such as the one ye've witnessed yerself sir. For example, one experience I had was back when I ran the role-play of Project Psychosis and one of the members would often boast via OOC-wise on how his character could easily slaughter mine when he's never even met my character via IC-wise (who happened to be Hatred; AKA The Puppeteer). His character was more bulkier in mass and could easily loom over Hatred for, I admit, Hate was a lithe fellow when he was still alive. However, I find it a bit amusin' as to how users such as the one I've experienced immediately perceive those smaller than they to be weaker in all aspects.
This is, obviously, not true for every character has her/his own strong points and weaknesses. I'll use a common example as to what I'm implyin'. Those heavier in weight and taller in height tend to be more dependent on their strength and willpower while those more diminutive and petite are dependent on agility and stealth. Of course, this does not apply to everyone. It is a bit brash for one to think that the bigger they are, the more immune she/he is to others.
Many have heard the sayin', "The bigger they are, the harder they fall", aye? While there is some truth to said quote, when it comes to the vast variety of role-play, this statement will not always be so precise.
I know this due to Vespian's recent encounter with Cyniue Vahlok (who is role-played by the user: avarigriffin). Cyniue is a lilliputian thing, five times smaller than Vespian himself. However, due to her agility and quick tactics, she is able to subdue and even confuse Vespian into a disadvantage. Yeah, she might not have the strength to virtually kill him, but killin' is not the only way to defeat an opponent, aye?
To wrap up my ramblin', I'll merely post another quote below that'll hopefully give a pointer or two to users who commence with an action such as this:

"Never judge a book by its cover."
gone

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 08:08:03 am »
&Well, it was one timd.

Me: The tan jet brown mare lowered her withres at the bush, as she sniffed it, before she opened her maw and nibled at the bush, soon chewing on the tasty leafs.
She soon lashed her tail, as she blinked, looking around.
Random person: -Kills Storm Mare no miss-
Me: ;I'm sorry, but I do not RP with power playiers."
Random Person: *Poofs*
Me: "..."

I was at Bonfire Island.
You get the point.
(Eh, Idk.)

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:55 am »
I know, I understand why you are annoyed. I mean, how do they know your character is weaker? Maybe it's stronger? This isn't a game with levels, items, etc. so you can't judge strength only by size or your 999999 ties and 99999999999999 victories. If people could only stop powerplaying. -.-
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?