Author Topic: Map-making  (Read 984 times)

Offline Ampharos92

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map-making
« on: September 28, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »
I made a map, but how do I save it?

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Map-making
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 03:34:33 pm »
If you are using GIMP, you have to export it. Saving it doesn't work since it is a .png. When exporting it, make sure it is a .png image.

Example:

MyMap.png

When you load it on Feral Heart, make sure you remember the name.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »
When you're taking a map=making break, and you don't want to lose any of your progress, you type in the map name and what you want your map to show up as (like when you move you move your mouse to the right of this site), then it should let you save. ^^ Or, if you have already saved the map, then something should appear asking if you would like to overwrite the previous save. Click ok and you should be good. ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 04:35:05 pm »
These are the most common issues:
1-Your image isn't greyscale
2-Your image isn't square
3-It is not in the right place
4-You made more than one layer

1- when you edit in GIMP or Photoshop you HAVE to make sure it's greyscale. Not just all grey, but the file is actually a greyscale image.

2- BE SURE the dimensions are 512x512 or something similar.The Height and Width MUST be the same.

3- You have to be sure you placed it in the right folder. The handbook says to place your HM in the 'height maps' folder, but this folder was removed while the game was being developed. People say you can place it in the 'terrains' folder, but I myself place it in my map folder.

4- This is very common. You have to make your terrain on one and only one layer. You cannot create another layer over it, or even paste another layer. Even flattening the image when you save it does not fix it. Note that if you made yours with more than one layer, deleting the layers won't fix it. You have to 'undo' or start over.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »
You could take the .fhm, .fhw, .fhs, and .fho and save them in a .zip file in Exports after exporting the map, later loading them onto mediafire or another download-hosting site, if that's what you mean.