Author Topic: Terrain Masks/textures help!  (Read 2370 times)

Offline xXxxXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Terrain Masks/textures help!
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »
[EDIT] I seemed to have figured out the problem!

I don't normally have water reflection on since my computer is very laggy with it, so I couldn't find the solution in other topics. Turns out I'm guessing it's my graphics card and limited RAM! I'm running on a 1GB RAM '06 (I think? I don't remember the year OTL) Vista, which should tell you right there LOL. Thank you for trying to help though guys![EDIT]

-

Hey everyone! It's been way to long since I've been on here!
I have a question for you, about terrain masks/terrain textures ;

I've been thinking about making a new map for some time now, but I recently ran into a problem.

I recently re-downloaded FH after a while of not having it, because of real-life distractions/my laptop broke down (I'm now using a desktop pfft). Now when I go into map maker, I have no problem loading the custom Height map I had made, but my Terrain mask won't load. I made it with the correct colours, size, file, etc.

I rebooted the program and when I got back in to Map Maker, I tried to change the default terrain texture (without loading my height map or trying to load the terrain mask). No matter what terrain I selected under the Alpha, it wouldn't load and just kept showing me the default savannah terrain. Am I missing any files or anything that are preventing it from loading any other terrain texture than default savannah? ;o; I went into my feralheart folder and all the terrain textures are there.
( feral heart>media>terrains>textures )

Just to note; it didn't not crash or anything when doing so. It just persisted on showing me nothing but the savannah, even though it paused for a second and acted like it was loading something. uwu

[edit] just another note; I went into the actual game [flourite/cape] and the only terrain texture showing up is African grass/savannah.

If there's anything here that's not explained clear enough let me know! I did the best I could ahah. xo

(P.S.- my FH account I play on is --Dawn--, this is a friends account that is not longer being used by him!)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:50:38 pm by Malachai »

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain Masks/textures help!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:25:57 pm »
Did you save the mask file into FeralHeart/media/textures? Make sure you put it right there. If you did, maybe you did a mistake in coloring the mask of the map. You know, you have to use only clear red, blue and green. Also there has to be only one layer, the one of the actual mask. If you did everything which I stated above right, then I'm afraid I can't help you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:28:21 pm by Feralina »

Offline xXxxXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:42:30 pm »
Yeah, I tried that. ;o;
Not only the is the mask file not loading, but I noticed that I'm not able to see any of the other textures for terrains, just the default african grass (even playing in game).

Thank you though!!

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:15 pm »
Hmm, I actually might help you...

I searched up in google for any other problems with map making similar to yours. One of the suggestions was to reinstall Feral Heart, creating a back up folder where you can contain all the files you do not want to lose. You could also try creating a new terrain mask file very careful to not make any mistake. If you are using a tutorial for map making, make sure you follow the instructions strictly. I suggest you to follow a tutorial for map making each time you are making a map, even if you already know how to make a map right. Try using this tutorial, the same I am using each time I'm making a map - http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17452.0 Of course, only if the suggestions above don't work. Sometimes starting all over again helps.