Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death?? o_o  (Read 1674 times)

Offline ruby99

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Biggest fan of kid's shows you'll ever find...
    • View Profile
Blue Screen of Death?? o_o
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »
Okay, so a week ago or so I tried using the height map for Watermill to make my own map.(Don't worry I shaded everything in grey so I wasn't stealing ^-^) For some reason, after that Feral Heart would start up, flash to the log in screen, then just shut down. I shrugged it off, thinking I just did something wrong. Being the computer newb I am, I decided to simply re-download FH. After that, it worked, but it was A LOT more laggy. I, again, shrugged it off. I logged in, made a char, and went to Flourite Plains to role-play. After about a half hour I had to be off. I closed FeralHeart, but when I did, my screen went black for a second, then flashed back on. But this time, it was The Blue Screen of Death.(If you don't know what that is, look it up because I truly can't explain it without researching.)

All I'm looking for, is how to make it to where:
1) It's not as laggy anymore.
2) I don't get the Blue Screen of Death when I close FH.

If anyone could help me, I would be tremendously grateful.  :)

Thanks for your time.~  ;D
                                                            |~|Ruby99|~|
           (c)Fanpop~

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Screen of Death?? o_o
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »
Well, everyone's lagging ever since the server issues lately. That could be it, or maybe your computer is just not compatible. My friend's laptop does something similar, I am afraid I have not the knowledge of how to fix it. Good luck!

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:20:18 am »
If you're still lagging, you can always turn off your water reflection by going to the Log-in screen, click Options, Video, then scroll down until you see Water Reflection and uncheck the box. You can also lower your view distance which is right under Water Reflection where you just scroll the bar all the way down.
About the blue screen of death, however, I do not know but I hope you get that figured out soon.
Hope this helped.
gone

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:50:52 am »
For the lag, just look at Aniuk and Vespian's posts above. And for the blue screen of death, try deleting the heightmap from your FH folder. Open up an art program (such as gimp or photoshop) and maybe use the Watermill heightmap as a reference for re-making it (from scratch). Then put that in your FH folder and hopefully this will help. Good luck!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline ruby99

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Biggest fan of kid's shows you'll ever find...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 05:19:44 am »
Thanks guys! ^_^ After taking Aniuk and Vespian's advice, and then doing what Kikiorylandia said, FH is running really smooth, even in Bonfire and Stone Bridge! I really appreciate the help everyone! 
           (c)Fanpop~

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 11:15:36 am »
This happend once. But as i re-call i was in Ember Island. I don't know what happened. Maybe, The lag/Sever made your laptop just shut-down. Sadly... I don't really know how to fix it.
BOOM!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 11:40:00 am »
This happend once. But as i re-call i was in Ember Island. I don't know what happened. Maybe, The lag/Sever made your laptop just shut-down. Sadly... I don't really know how to fix it.

Well, firstly, please do not post in a thread that has already been solved. Go look for threads that have been unanswered/unsolved and try to help them instead.
Secondly, if you do not know how to thoroughly fix the problem, please do not post and move along.
gone

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 06:30:25 pm »
Well.. BSOD is where you lappy or Compy is gone, Gone forver unless if you have the CD thingy. ;n; So.... Me being an Windows 7 and lower newb... Try re-starting your laptop then scanning it. :3
BOOM!