Author Topic: Any 3D RPG Makers?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
Any 3D RPG Makers?
« on: October 19, 2013, 10:53:30 am »
I really like to make a RPG like FH. But are there any good apps or programs that let me do so?

This is EpicWolfie, peace out!

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Any 3D RPG Makers?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »
Most MMORPG games require teams of people - there are exceptions of course, I think FH was made completely by Kovu. There is no one app/program for this. You need programs to do animation and build models. You need pretty advanced knowledge on scripting too. If you do succeed in creating a MMORPG, you won't even be able to play it much, you would be busy updating and fixing bugs and stuff. Just a warning.

Good Luck with your MMORPG! :)

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:36:08 am »
Hmm. Well in the next secondary school I am going to Lord Grey I heard you can develope an proper game. I dunno if its possible but thanks! I hope to begin studying this kinda stuff!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:57:29 pm by EpicWolfie »

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 02:53:40 am »
Hmm. Well in the next secondary school I am going too I heard you can develope an proper game. I dunno if its possible but thanks! I hope to begin studying this kinda stuff!

Er, I think Secondary School is equivalent to Middle school....('MURICA). Im in middle, and they haven't mentioned it yet.....but it may be different in...where ever you live. That be interesting though, I'd like to here about it if they do. As far as I know, Blender provides the most stuff needed to make a game, but its still not everything... Goodlucks again! :)

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »
Umm, first off, you should start by makin' a normal-pixel-RPG. It's more easy to do since you don't need to model etc etc etc. I'm thinking in doing a RPG too. I have a very close friend that made a RPG once, and he said he recommends "RPG Maker XP". I think it's pretty good. Go use it!

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 03:05:49 pm »
Thanks! I'll check them out! Good luck as well. :D

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:10:59 pm »
If you want to get into game development it would be best to start off slow and get into programming with smaller projects, such as making little calculators, ask prompts, and maze puzzles. It's a lot less stressful than trying to teach yourself for a larger project.

C# and C++ are what you might want to look into. cplusplus.com has a lot of information that can get you started, as well as other places.

For 3D you can look into Blender3D, though it's quite confusing to get used to in the beginning. Starting with simple models like pots and cups help make it easier to remember things for larger, more complex models.

Things like Poly Count, Face Contour, Skinning/Rigging are all things you might want to look into if you want to make a game with 3D models.

As for programs out there, there isn't an "rpg" maker for 3D games, but there are game engines that can make it easier to build up your game once you start to learn how things work.

Unity3D is an example of this, having easy menu options to organize everything in your game so that you won't get disorganized. There's also a wealth of tutorials to help you get started from a variety of people so the matter is just finding one that explains it in a way that best helps you understand and improve.

Regardless though, making a game is a really, really hard thing to do, especially if it's on your own. It can take years just from learning how to code things in or fixing bugs and even getting the models ready to play with, so if you really dedicate yourself to it just keep trucking and you'll get there eventually.