Author Topic: Presets not appearing  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Pale-Sting

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Presets not appearing
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:14 am »
So I've been makin presets for sometime, and have had the usual issues with presets not being able to appear to the owner of said preset, or others who have the file. A couple of friends and myself however, have gone through thick and thin to figure out the mystery of why our presets are not appearing. We've gone through coding, font styles, map snags, and more but still nothing has seemed to answer the mystery. I'm suspicious that the map my RP friends and I reside in, maybe causing the issue, but don't take me wrong, it's one of the most beautifully detailed maps I've ever been in. A friend and myself left the maps, and entered into Ficho Tunnels just to see if the map was responsible for the dispenses, but still nothing had shown. However, I noticed my friends user name had an _ at the end of it, which he claimed he couldn't see, and I hadn't seen it either until then. I remember something similar happening like that before, could it possibly be the server eating the presets?

*Edit: With whatever updates that may have occurred to the server, could that be another factor to the presets not appearing? My user is Pale-Sting, so I'm curious if the - in my name could be the cause, though other presets of mine have shown in the past without a problem.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:38:31 am by Pale-Sting »

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
Re: Presets not appearing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:26 am »
The - may well be a cause, I have not had experience with disappearing presets to a huge extent, but that said the most irritating reason I have found it after a preset is made and one goes to check it in preset maker, it has come up white. Through everything I did I could not figure it out, eventually - I felt stupid now - I realized I had changed the coding to a .png but they were saved as .jpg.
I'm afraid that's all I can come up with, though I do remember a thread with this before and the result was that -_/\:;~# etc do not allow presets to show.

I hope you find a solution.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:14:12 am »
Special symbols and caps letters is a crook.

Some symbols do not work at all if you have it in your username, and it breaks the preset, the game will not be able to read it properly. I do not know which symbols that works and which that doesn't but in your case maybe the "-" in your username does it, however I do believe it's mostly if your username starts with a symbol like this but it can be pretty much anything.

A second thing that is a common crook is CAPS letters, to give an example from myself, my username is "redlinelies". I always thought that I regged with "Redlinelies" but for some reason the database had my name as "redlinelies" with a small "r", which is also what everyone else saw me as even though I was logged in as "Redlinelies" instead of "redlinelies". When I made my preset I was logged with a big R instead of a small one, which also created a preset with a big R.

However when I sent this preset to someone else, even though I could see it on my computer when logged in, no one else could, since they saw me as "redlinelies" and not "Redlinelies" as the preset was meant to show for.

Capital letters is important to get right, and staying away from usernames with symbols is usually the way to go since some just plain out will not work. Everything said above is taking for granted you make all presets correctly with everything else that is.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Pale-Sting

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:42:29 pm »
That's really strange. My past presets have worked, and still work just fine(until now). I actually spoke to one of my friends, who's username doesn't have any symbols in it whats so ever(aside a capital letter), and his disappeared as well. He could indeed see it, but now all of a sudden it's not visible to me. Another of my friend's presets, who also has a single capital letter in their name, has a preset, and it's visible to both him and myself without any issue. All my presets, and friends presets have been working just fine, up until recently, it's quite odd.

Offline Pale-Sting

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 03:20:08 am »
Wow you were right! The capitalization seems to be making a difference now. Which is odd, since my older presets didn't have capitalization and still worked, but I think those where before the preset sync, which would explain a lot. However, before I tried the capitalization deal, I submitted my presets as pale-sting instead of Pale-Sting. Is there anything that can be done? I tried re-uploading them, but it didn't seem to make a difference as I looked at the preset sync and it was still lower case.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 06:16:05 am »
re-export the working preset and re-upload it to a site.

Then make sure that your friend also has ran preset sync after you actually uploaded your preset and that they've nothing more to download from the sync at all.

Also check so you sign in with the same capitalization as your exported preset at all times.
Former community manager of FeralHeart