Author Topic: Whyy must this happen? D:  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Melissa9810

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Whyy must this happen? D:
« on: November 20, 2013, 03:20:46 am »
Ok I know there have probably been tons of threads like this so sorry for being annoying and stuff but I am just... aghh. I may be over reacting and am probably going to have everyone rolling their eyes at this but, why is it that when someone has a unique character name people instantly start copying it? D: I have a cougar cub character named Maizy. I was just on her then I had to go eat dinner so I just logged off and came back on after. And I started seeing characters with the name but just spelled slightly different is this some way of copying it and making it look not copied? I know I really shouldn't be writing about this and I'm probably over reacting but I'm feeling so exasperated right now. I mean, I've never seen anybody with that name irl or on fh and as soon as I use it people pop up with it minutes after I did. Heh? I saw a wolf named Mazey and a lioness named Maisy like only a few moments after I was on with the name Maizy and I've never seen anyone with that name until after me. I am just really annoyed I know I probably should just calm down. I'm really sorry for this stupid post but, I really wanted to mention this. Am I over reacting? Please don't throw rocks at me :(

Offline GameJester

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Whyy must this happen? D:
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:51:10 am »
I can understand being annoyed when someone copies what one did, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just as long as another doesn't go copying your character through and through. Just give a bit of an exasperated sigh, and move on.

On a side note, it's been awhile since I've heard the name Maizy. Quite a cute name you've picked out for your character there. ^_^

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:20:54 am »
-Gets rocks ready for throwing-

Nah just kidding. You're not the first person to bring this up and you won't be the last. I've seen a few of these "Maizy" characters before. I've seen characters that have similar names that are spelled many different ways. You would think that you had come up with a really unique name for your character, but in reality there's probably millions of others with a similar name.
You're right, you are over-reacting. It's really nothing to fuss about. The only time you can fuss about it is when someone completely copies your character; name, appreance, bio, and so on.
Inactive

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 06:20:58 am »
Yeah there isn't much you can do about that though. Its not really considered copyright since its just a name. And not just a name, but a common one too. Imagine people getting made cause people copied there character named shadow, or John.
If a person is however imitating you then you might want to consider it, but really if you see someone who is slightly similar, not much really could be done.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Sandfury

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:48:54 am »
They must like your name then.  :) I named my character Nusumu which means "Steal" in Japanese. So if someone names their character Nusumu and hung nearby my wolf I would know they had "steal" or to make more sense, stolen my name. xD

Offline SpiritOfTheWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
I just hate it when that happens. But I get especially upset when someone copies my character. I'm not sure if I should take as if they been "inspired" by what I made, but it tends to get really annoying.

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »
I know, name stealing is terribly annoying, I have a lioness with a name that can be seen as rare, suddenly, I see someone with the same name as my character, turns out to be one of my best friends to add to my annoyance, but hey, nothing I could do. And about the Maizy thing, one of my best friends, who plays FH's name is Maizy, so it's not as rare as you might think.
Signature by Adelish