Author Topic: Feralheart won't open (mac) .o.  (Read 3071 times)

Offline matilda4456

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Feralheart won't open (mac) .o.
« on: December 01, 2013, 08:39:08 pm »
I'm having trouble with the game >.< It has always worked in the years i have played it but yeah My mac broke and when it got fixed i had to re download FH. Yet now it won't open at all, After a few seconds it says the program is not responding and i have to force shut it down :c I Have re downloaded it several times, Can someone help?<3 Getting furious >:U

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
Re: Feralheart won't open (mac) .o.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:56:01 pm »
I'm not too sure as I don't own a Mac and don't have much experience with them personally, but maybe this will help? ^^ http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=27971.0
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline matilda4456

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:35:18 pm »
Ah Yeah i checked out the link but didn't seem to say anything about the problem i am having >.< Thanks for trying to help though! <3

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 02:14:52 pm »
Here, try this or this. Hope this helps c:

~Starry

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Black-Serpent

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:41 pm »
Buy a laptop. From there on it should be much easier to rectify issues like this.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:52:49 pm by Serpent »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »
Buy a laptop. From there on it should be much easier to rectify issues like this.

Dude, no, just no. That statement was un called for and comes off as if you're trying to say "Spend an extra $500" when there should be a solution solution right here. If it wasn't meant to come off like that I suggest re wording it.

~Starry

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline FuryEyes726

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 06:55:35 pm »
Maybe try re-installing FH, sometimes files can get messed up and doing this is the easiest fix.
"Love the way you lie."

Offline Sukani

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Blondie~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:32:46 pm »

Dude, no, just no. That statement was un called for and comes off as if you're trying to say "Spend an extra $500" when there should be a solution solution right here. If it wasn't meant to come off like that I suggest re wording it.
I double this, firstly; this is not a proper solution, and you can't just simply go around telling people to buy a new computer/laptop. - Secondly; I don't think buying a laptop would help, as she already is using one, as am I.

I'm assuming this is some sort of glitch currently happening for an amount of mac users, as I, and others have had the same problem.

What I do, is re-install the game. But for a strange reason, the problem repeats it self again and again. And the odder part, is that we've played the game for about two years with hardly any problems, but suddenly it attacked.~

I'm usually quite good with such things, but I can't seem to solve this, though it may have something to do with the fact that I've switched the video rendering system from OpenGL to Direct3D9 recently to avoid as much lagg and crashing, as I used to not be able to enter crowded maps like fluorite and such.. I'm not sure whether you've done the same, Beanz?<3

Also, I've realized that it's best to try to avoid 'Force quitting' FeralHeart, as that often creates problems, like not being able to re-open the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:25:32 pm by Vitalis »