Author Topic: Narrators  (Read 1173 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Narrators
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:56:00 am »
I'm certainly not the most experienced roleplayers, but I have found out a little trick. This Narrator idea originated when I started a Lord Of The Rings roleplay, that involved alot of fighting.

Anyway, what we did was; before each roleplay session, the selected narrator would read EVERYONE'S bio- and the book's were all history, and that's it. We included the basic personality and motives as well. Assuming the narrator approved everyone to be fair, we would begin the roleplay. Here's where the narrator becomes of use.

Scenario One
Its hot in the middle of a character VS character battle or competition. It is the narrator's job to say how it ends. This is fair because nit everyone reads bios, and when two characters are evenly matched, some people start power playing. It also helps in simple contests, like a riding contest. They make sure the better rider wins.

Scenario Two
The roleplay is inching along, the characters sitting around with idle talk. Often this is when the Roleplays die, but no, narrator here to save the day! We allow narrator's to be NPCs, such as a pack of orcs, prey, predators, anything really! It's quite fun.

Scenario Three
Roleplay is fine and healthy, and every thing is good. But then...your hungry and it getting late. So you go AFK. Well, instead of your character disappearing, whisper the narrator to come up with a distraction. They may come in as a shadow and steal you away, or pop in and you follow hypnotized after them. Either way, the roleplay continues as the search for you (or not) and you get a heck lot of fun explaining what happened.

Scenario Four
Is it raining? Snowing? Sandstorm? Hot? Cold? Night? Day? Are we in Rohan or gondor? Is it loud?
The narrator knows all! They describe surroundings.

Granted, narrator was applied when only scenario one was used, and the name isn't to accurate anymore. But oh well! X3
Anyway, posted this here to see if anyone did anything similar, or if you all wanted to apply this to your own Roleplays ^_^

I think this goes here
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:49:24 am by MochaCocoa »

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Narrators
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:27:19 am »
This is defiantly interesting o: I can see how this could be helpful in a lot of ways. The only flaw that the narrator could choose sides if two characters were evenly matched :I But, no really way in avoiding that is there? c:

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:46:10 am »
If the two are truely even (rarely happens), I've seen one use a randomized to see who wins, and one come in as a mentally confused bunny. XD Keeps things fair.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:08 pm »
This is the way older RolePlay games like Dungeons and Dragons (I AM NOT THAT OLD!) Were.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 09:28:26 pm »
XD I wouldn't know