Author Topic: FH Crashes my Computer  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Alifire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FH Crashes my Computer
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:40:12 pm »
So, recently, whenever I try to play FH, the game will only last for a few minutes and then my screen will flicker briefly and my computer crashes. This problems also occurs with similar games, so it's not a FH-specific problem. My computer is a bit old, so I'm thinking that FH is just too much for it to handle anymore, I guess? I'd really like to see if there is anything I can do to fix this, because it's pretty much impossible for me to play, and it's definitely not good for my computer. So anyway, any suggestions? Please help!

AlphaEclipse

Re: FH Crashes my Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:49:49 pm »
Hm. I think it might be because of your PC's age. I'd recommend not downloading any mods or markings to it or it may crash even more.

These may help:

How to make FH run faster

BIG Help thread

Offline Alifire

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 10:54:05 pm »
Hm. I think it might be because of your PC's age. I'd recommend not downloading any mods or markings to it or it may crash even more.

These may help:

BIG Help thread

Yeah, I had a feeling it might be that. I've actually seen those two threads before, but thanks anyway!  I've never downloaded markings, but I do have 6-or-so maps and a lot of them have custom objects... if I were to get rid of some of those, do you think it would help? (I hardly use them anyway)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:56:39 pm »

These may help:

BIG Help thread

Yeah, I had a feeling it might be that. I've actually seen those two threads before, but thanks anyway!  I've never downloaded markings, but I do have 6-or-so maps and a lot of them have custom objects... if I were to get rid of some of those, do you think it would help? (I hardly use them anyway)

That may help. I'd try to keep your map count down very low, and maybe put you settings levels very low also. For example, turn off water reflection. I'm sorry to hear about this~ D:

Offline Alifire

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 10:59:00 pm »

That may help. I'd try to keep your map count down very low, and maybe put you settings levels very low also. For example, turn off water reflection. I'm sorry to hear about this~ D:

Okay! I'll try that out and see if it works!  ;D I thank you for your concern, and I think your advice will help me a lot!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »

Okay! I'll try that out and see if it works!  ;D I thank you for your concern, and I think your advice will help me a lot!

Sure thing~

Offline Sheka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Billie Joe Armstrong is my hero <3
    • refugee97.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 01:00:35 pm »
I'd advise that you maybe invest in a new graphics card for your machine. If it can barely support free games like this and WolfQuest, then chances are you can't play anything like World of Warcraft or Skyrim.

I'd suggest any hardware store, most start at about $50 for a decent one, can go crazy with those and be as much as $400. My old computer had a Radeon HD 6570 and it was only about $60 and could do games like FeralHeart, so I highly recommend it.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of OS do you have? (Example: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Apple Mac) but if you have something like Windows 98 then that could also be your problem... your OS could be too old to support it.

Let me know how it goes!

In-game Username: Sheka
Characters: Sheka, Refugee, Renegade and Deirdre
My deviantART: refugee97.deviantart.com
Signautre (C) JimMoriarty