Author Topic: Some help regarding the logging in  (Read 2089 times)

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
Some help regarding the logging in
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:52:40 pm »
Hello there, everyone!
I came here because a good friend of mine has some problems regarding the logging in the forum.
She says that when she tries to log in, a blank white page appears with a text in the top left corner saying: "No proxies here". And it doesn't allow her in the forums. She tried logging in from both the two places. Her username is ~ijustluvwolves~. May somebody tell me what should we do?

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Re: Some help regarding the logging in
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 03:35:05 am »
Did she try using different browsers? Sometimes browsers can glitch from proxies.

And I would also suggest restarting, restarting your PC can help refresh the computer's brain and its browsers.

It also may be because of advertisements, well I know there is none, but it may be because of it.
If it is [ Maybe ] Get AdBlock. Here is the link: https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

If those are not working, PM me and I will look into it.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »
There are proxy blocks on the site, so if your friend is trying to access the site through a proxy, they won't get through.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 08:23:38 pm »
Did she try using different browsers? Sometimes browsers can glitch from proxies.

And I would also suggest restarting, restarting your PC can help refresh the computer's brain and its browsers.

It also may be because of advertisements, well I know there is none, but it may be because of it.
If it is [ Maybe ] Get AdBlock. Here is the link: https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

If those are not working, PM me and I will look into it.

Yep, she tried different browsers. Yet the same.
There are proxy blocks on the site, so if your friend is trying to access the site through a proxy, they won't get through.
What's the difference between logging in via proxy and logging in normally? /LolSorryForDumbQuestion/

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:50 am »
Effectively, what a proxy does is that it hides the original connection of the user and provides a different one.

Instead of someone using their own IP to connect to a service or web page like FeralHeart, they instead go through another server first and use that IP over their own, this means that the IP they use, isn't really theirs.

IP > IP > Site

While it should be.

IP > Site

Most browsers have a settings page that allows users to set up proxies, and they can also be temporarily disabled just as easily as they are turned on. Your friend would need to disable their proxy in this case.
Former community manager of FeralHeart