Author Topic: Map crashing  (Read 861 times)

Offline reddeadplague

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Map crashing
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:58:50 pm »
So, I made a nice, big and detailed map.  I have a relatively good computer that runs it well, and I've made a lot of maps that have some meshes are rather big.  So, nothing new.
But recently, whenever I even go into test mode, I feral heart stops working and I crash.  I thought maybe it was the new meshes I had downloaded, so I completely removed them from my computer.  Not only that, I also deleted things I didn't need.  That includes maps I stopped working on or never used and files in exports and other meshes I didn't have a use for.  I made sure that I didn't delete anything important.
Still, I continue to crash when I go online to play in it, or go into test mode.  I've made maps that are even more detailed then the one I am trying to get to work, and they had no problems what-so-ever. 
And, I've also haven't downloaded anything damaging to my computer either.  Just meshes, which I already removed when I saw problems with them.
Another problem, whenever I export a map, I immediately crash.  It finishes exporting, then the game is done.  It never opens again.  It just opens for a few seconds, then clicks out, even after I remove exports and meshes.  I get the exported files out, then I have to reinstall feral heart... 
I've found ways around the problem in which I crash when I export, since getting back my files is relatively easy.  The thing I am more irritated at is the fact I crash whenever I try to go into test mode on the map I am making.  I'm using the same meshes I've been using since before crashing, I deleted things I wasn't using or were causing problems, and like I said, making maps like this is nothing new to me.  I just don't understand why it would suddenly stop working now. Anyone have any knowledge on this problem?

AlphaEclipse

Re: Map crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:06:35 am »
Hmm, lower your FH's video settings a bit. That might help. Also, is the map 513 x 513? Also, if you crash right when you export a map, that might mean the map is to detailed and to strong for your PC. My PC is really strong and relatively new and never really caused any problems (Including no lagging), but maps that are to detailed seem to not be supported.

It's possible your mapped doubled particles in your particles folder in C: >>> Feralheart >> media > particles. Delete any ending in _0, _1, etc. That just means they duplicated.

Gewd luck!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:27:23 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline reddeadplague

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »
Thanks for the help, I'll try it out.
And I always double check that my maps are the correct format (513x513, grayscale, etc) before I start them.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »
Make sure the "lands" don't touch when blurring or not. (Example: If it is not a heightmap, do not let the lands touch with each other). Usually FH is picky when it comes to this and it will crash at times because of this.