Author Topic: Download was NOT Feral-Heart.  (Read 1553 times)

foxofmagic

Download was NOT Feral-Heart.
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:02:25 pm »
I just made my account today and was pretty much excited when I could download FH. However, when I proceeded to go to the linked site and clicked download, I wasn't downloading the game. Instead I got some silly KNCTR mess in return, and absolutely no FH. Now, on 2012 in October, I'd downloaded FH before and it was a simple thing to do, however it was deleted. But this time around what I was agreeing to download didn't even remotely sound like FH at all. I nearly screwed up the computer with a stupid ad site thing.
What's the big deal? And yeah, I'm angry and confused.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: Download was NOT Feral-Heart.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:10:55 pm »
Well, the ads are needed to keep this forum going and to keep it free-of-charge to the users.
They can confuse and annoy sometimes, but in the long end we should be happy they exist.

As for the download; did you use the torrent download?

foxofmagic

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:15:39 pm »
I can't use torrent because I don't have the item to use it. So I took the risk for the regular download. I understand that the ads are needed for the game to stay free, but that's all I got: ads and nothing else.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 10:21:19 pm »
I've uninstalled my game and reinstalled it numerous times and never have I had that issue... Anyway you should be cautious when downloading period. Our site only provides you with the official game to download and it is 100% safe. Whenever you click to download something a message pops up and it clearly shows you what you're downloading and even asks you if yore sure that you want to download. You should be more careful and read that. I tested the download again just now and I see no issues with it so perhaps close the window any try it again. I'll try to say this as politely as possible but please don't get upset with us if you're not reading what you're downloading when the pop up comes up.

foxofmagic

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »
Alright then, I'll give it another shot and be a bit more careful in my analyzing. I'm sorry if I've wasted time.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »
Never a waste of time hun. We're here to help you.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:52 pm »
Alright then, I'll give it another shot and be a bit more careful in my analyzing. I'm sorry if I've wasted time.

I hope it works, and as Sura said make sure it's the right thing your downloading c:

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 02:29:05 am »
Make sure you are not clicking any adds that have a fake download button. Those are there to trick un-experienced users to thinking they're downloading the thing they think they are downloading, but in reality, it's a Trojan worm disguised as some type of program that installs infections onto the computer, behind the scenes.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 02:57:04 am »
Make sure you are not clicking any adds that have a fake download button. Those are there to trick un-experienced users to thinking they're downloading the thing they think they are downloading, but in reality, it's a Trojan worm disguised as some type of program that installs infections onto the computer, behind the scenes.

Took the words out of my mouth.

It is dangerous downloading from other sites other than the official, otherwise, you are at serious risk for viruses, Trojans, or another type of malicious software. Unless you want to spend who knows how much, download from this site. :3

I wish yew luck with your download. o3o