Author Topic: Possible Advertising Solution.  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Advertising Solution.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 03:14:45 pm »
I don't want to be a party pooper, and I do actually think it's a better idea to take it to cape itself, it's closer and more functional for roleplay advertising.

However, the issues stated in the beginning. The problems come with the users themselves, the more people you have starting the advertising in cape, the more you will see the things you do not like right now, the same thing goes for many things in the game, go to crowded places and you can benefit from it, but you'll also see other things shine through that are less fun.

Things like lag(crashing for some, not all which is honestly not fixable), movie spamming, spamming in general, people stealing members from each others roleplays, etc, etc, this is something that really comes with the more people you shove into the map or spot itself. The positives of Cape being smaller and more close to most things is also it's downfall if you think about it, fluorite has always been the most optimal map to the user since it's in the center of the map network and is the biggest and most content filled map. When you think about it closely, anything, any function or place the majority can gain from in FeralHeart, there's also things to loose from it or that can cause issues, IF, it's not executed properly or designed to work in a bigger manner with more users in one place.

However it would make more sense to me if people did spend more time in cape, who knows maybe the sitting in fluorite is a temporary thing, and people will move and adapt to different locations depending on their particular needs. People in this game adapt to what they consider the optimal locations, and the masses follow. You can see this by taking a look at south pole and the type of characters there, taking a look at bonfire and what type of characters and roleplays take place there, but also fluorite itself. Different characters, different roleplays, and different types of roleplays in each and every place for better or worse.

If you believe in this idea to make Cape the new advertising map, and get others to follow you, this idea is not impossible since it's all about leaving a mark and encouraging others to do the same. And if people managed to make this change on a bigger scale, I do believe the more structured and non-instant roleplays would benefit from this in the length, so would all the users in the game.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 03:46:08 pm »
A very good idea indeed. I must agree, I hope it catches on to those who are not on the forums as well!

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 11:13:14 am »
I do, though, agree with Red. Cape would eventually be crammed with so many people and would turn to chaos. There are different RP's with different 'power'. For example, the people with high populated groups would have more luck advertising in Cape than those new, member less groups in Cape. I believe so because a large group+smaller map=the small groups being pushed away. Although, the idea is spectacular.
I love you