Author Topic: Unrealistic Lion King RPs  (Read 1762 times)

Offline floradaisylily

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Unrealistic Lion King RPs
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
This is crazy! Lion King characters KILLING each other? They are from a little kids movie! (Yes Simba's father dies, but still... O_O) In Bonfire Island people don't RP the Lion King very well... I don't mean the quality of their speech. I mean what they are doing in the RP! Yes, I'll agree that it must be fun to twist the characters around and stuff, but still...yikes. Little kid movie characters turning into KILLERS?! (I am not saying "Everyone RP realistic like how I want" I am just saying the craziness of it all XD lol) Some powerplayers are also in the Lion King RPs killing each other as well. 8/ Ever come across an RP that is not like the movie/show?

Sir Equius

Re: Unrealistic Lion King RPs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:28:13 pm »
D--> That's one reason I don't join the Lion King roleplays in Bonfire Island. Too much violence, powerplaying, godmodding, and people killing characters they don't like, and so on.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:21:53 pm »
I tend to not RP as a lion king character for many reasons, especially when it comes to Bonfire Lion King RPs. One being when there is more then 1 Simba or duplicate characters, there are often fights of "I'm the real Simba"
But really sometimes the people in Bonfire that do the Lion King RPs do fallow the guideline of how it did went on, but they add there own thoughts or their own flare to it making it their unique Lion King RP.
In reality there is perhaps a whole story on the Lion King that most are not to familiar with since the original cartoon was just based for kids, but do you know what even the lion King was based off of....Hamlet, and that movie is lion king in a nutshell but a darker twist.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline shiftyglob

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Rawr, I'm Megatron!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:39:36 pm »
The Lion King is rather unrealistic in the first place, with its red maned lions and the fact that all the other animals look to the lions as 'royal' and all that, so I don't really have a problem with them acting.. Not as lions (Though the constant blood bath is a little much). My problem is that they don't seem to follow cannon all that much, sure they try and stick to the story most of the time, but they don't have the other elements.. Like for starters, in the first movie the Hyena's almost kill Simba, Nala, and Zazu, yet Mufasa let them off with a warning instead of offing them on the spot (Its a child's movie so that makes sense). But in role play, when a Pride Lander see's a hyena, the first thing they do is kill rather then chase off. Or how Mufasa is all 'the circle of life, we all live together' but all the people in game seem to be 'LIONS ROCK! EVERYONE ELSE CAN BURN!'... From what I have seen and remember, the Lions in TLK are honorable and just rulers, not mindless killing machines.
"Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to confront fear"

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended yet. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.