Author Topic: Feral Heart Crashed!!! ;-; (Please Reply!!!)  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
Feral Heart Crashed!!! ;-; (Please Reply!!!)
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:16:57 pm »
I downloaded Infinite Life yesterday, and my sister wanted the bear mesh from the game into Feral Heart. I told her I would download a bear mesh if she wanted me to, but she insisted she knew what she was doing. I told my sister she would screw up FH, but she didn't listen. Today, I found a copy of Infinite Life's "bear.mesh" in the models folder of Feral Heart. Knowing it would mess up the game, I deleted it from the folder thinking it would be fine afterwards. I tried to restart Feral Heart, but it crashed. I really don't want to re-download FH because I have the Pawsome Item Pack and Red's Map Pack and Feral Cinema and a map for a pack that I'm in. I forgot the link to the website with my pack's map. Please Help if you can!! ;-;  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart Crashed!!! ;-; (Please Reply!!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 11:23:00 pm »
There's a slight chance yer kin might have fiddled with the model files and/or replaced somethin' with the bear mesh that she shouldn't have. Should ye' not wish to completely re-download, ye' can take a look here and obtain the default files to which ye' can simply replace the folders (thanks to madam Buffy for providin' the thread).
In yer case, methinks obtainin' the Default FeralHeart Media Folder would be best then try replacin' yer models folder. When ye' re-launch the game, fingers crossed that it shall work.
gone

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »
My sister didn't replace anything, she just made a copy of the bear mesh and placed it in the FH Models folder. And will that keep all of my meshes and downloaded maps and mods? Because if not, then I don't know what to do.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:22:26 pm »
Should ye' be aware of what ye're replacin', then yer maps 'n all should remain as is. Just be sure to replace only the models folder and nothin' more. However, just in case, ye' can always copy/duplicate the maps/modification files and save them elsewhere as a back-up of sorts when/if somethin' goes wrong.

I'm afraid I can offer little addition of advice toward this other than what I have suggested. Less I can scavenge out another. If push comes to shove, ye' may have to re-download but if so, ye' can always save back-up files prior as I've stated above so ye' won't lose yer maps or any additional mods ye' possess.
gone

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »
But I have music in the Media folder that I don't want to loose and I don't know how to make back-ups. ;-;

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:38:34 pm »
Just copy any files you want to keep into a separate folder somewhere else, for example, I would select all of my maps, copy them, then paste them in my pictures folder. When done replacing or reinstalling, just put the files back where they were originally from, and replace.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:47 pm »
But I don't know how to make a folder ;-;

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »
If ye' have a Windows 8 laptop, ye'll see an icon that says New Folder whenever ye' open yer File Explorer. Kinda like below:

Just click it and a new folder will be crafted.

As for copy/pastin' files (or makin' back-up files), all ye'll really have to do is right-click a folder and ye'll see an option that'll say Copy. Click it then go to another folder such as Documents (where I place all of my back-up files) then right-click that destination. Select Paste. The folder and all of its files should duplicate and be found there afterwards for yer disposal when/if somethin' goes wrong or if ye' need to re-download. Doin' this allows ye' to keep all yer files to which ye' can copy/paste back over instead of havin' to re-download/re-make everythin' ye' once possessed.

If ye' have a Windows 7, here's how ye' can craft a new folder: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-new-folder#1TC=windows-7

Arf. Hopefully this explanation is sensible to ye' and not too confusin'.
gone