Author Topic: Map Maker Crash - 5th time  (Read 1046 times)

Offline ChangleCity

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map Maker Crash - 5th time
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:36:17 pm »
Thank you for considering my problem, I'm having a hard time, not because I am upset, but because those who rely on me to create maps are upset. I've a few weeks ago promised to make a map for a new and original role play known as 'Seizon-sha'. The RP creator and I are very close, and disappointing him more than anything shames me.

I have spent around four weeks on one map, making it as realistic and detailed as possible. The city map I have been making was fantastic, however, Map-maker, for the fifth time in that time period (4 weeks) has crashed. I have had to re-install FH, and start all over on the map that I had hoped to finish by the merely the second week. I have worn out hours of my days on that map, hours spent trying to edit this map... and now I cannot get to it.

Map maker never used to crash. I never spent enough time trying to make a map so detailed to give it the chance to flunk. I am miserable, tired of re-installing FH only to gain the same result.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? If I must re-install FH, I will have to restart the map entirely. I will have to re-download the object meshes, re-place them where I like, and re-fill the houses, buildings, land, and territory with needed supplies and furniture. I cannot waste my time anymore. I fear I may have to tell my RP that I cannot be their map-maker, which would send the growing RP, which already has members who are awaiting me to finish the map, into a plummet of my failure.

I don't pity myself, I just need help. Please, is there anything I can do to fix these crashes? I havn't deleted any files from the main FH folder, or any of the maps already placed there. I JUST re-installed FH, Map maker worked for a few days, and crashed again. As it has for the past four weeks.

Thank you for your time, if there is any info you have, I am desperate.

~ChangleCity

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Map Maker Crash - 5th time
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:12 pm »
Try any of the followin' and see if they'll help ye' out sir.:

` Try changin' yer renderin' system.
` Make sure yer map is 513 x 513 and a gray scale.
` Go to the folder
Local Disk (C:) > Feralheart > Media > Particles and delete any duplicates endin' in _0, _1, etc.
`
Click here.

I wish ye' luck. Hopefully ye'll get everythin' figured out soon.
gone

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »
Adding onto Vespian-

If you don't want to entirely start over your map, I'd suggest do what Vespian said; however before re-installing Feral heart, back up the files you want to save, just in case. This is so that you won't have to start over all again.

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:58:43 pm »
All I have to offer:

- Try re-sizing the map if you get it to work again, I know this is painful but if it's really large then this might help.

- If it's the height map, then open up Watermill's height map in whatever you're using and paste in your map with Watermill's settings.

- As the others stated, before re-installing, back up your files.

- Try downloading FeralHeart again, but rename the folder and .exe file. This way you have two FeralHearts. I do this, one of them is for maps that are full-proof and don't crash, and another is for WIP maps that might crash the game.

Best of luck Sir.

sig by pokrova on deviantART