Author Topic: Tools>Map maker>Terrain height *Enters terrain height* Crash! 34th time...  (Read 1608 times)

Offline ShadowQuest2000

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
So... I am making my first ever map. I have the terrain height one on greyscale, and the width and height it needs to be(513x513) . And my Mask is fine too. I went to Map maker and I made a name and saved etc... (gah don't know where to start ;.; ) Ok under World tab at the terrain height part every time I enter the name into that my game crashes. When I enter the mask first my game is fine, *Isaved* so I went ahead and entered in the textures and so on. Everything works and when I entered the wrong thing into the height map it worked and said it couldn't find that, so I know its not crashing every time I enter something. But whenever I enter my height map it crashes  :'(. I made sure that the map stuff was in the folder that was created when I saved too. So pretty much everything is working and seems fine, but it won't let me enter the terrain.png or the game just crashes. || I am not sure if it is different but when my game crashes it just quits nothing special. It doesn't freeze or anything.

Help? Thanks. Sorry if I made no sense I'm not good with explaining problems...

Offline FallenAngel12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I dont bite...much <3
    • View Profile
Re: Tools>Map maker>Terrain height *Enters terrain height* Crash! 34th time...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:22:16 pm »
Ehh x-x Try explaining better please. ..I've got lost..but if i understand right your misstake is that you've name your map Terrain.png" and it have to be : UnnamedTerrain.png(example)
If you explain your problem better i might help more

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »
Okay, so from what I understand something is wrong with your height map. I suggest opening Watermill's Height map and pasting in yours with watermill's settings.

Make sure it follows everything below one more time: [Quote Source: Map Maker Manual]
If you were to create a heightmap on your own there's a few preferences it must follow and it has the very same as the heightmap used above and below. When your create/save a heightmap it must/should follow these rules.
 It must be saved into a PNG format
 It can only consist of 1 layer!(If you use more the game will crash upon importing it) Make sure you flatten/merge the layers on the image before saving it.
 The image must be saved/edited in grayscale mode and cannot consist of or use colours(If not the game will crash)
 The Image size should be even on both size, the standard size is 513 x 513 pixels.
 The use of "Alpha Channel" should be left unmarked/turned off.

I suggest you read this: Map Making Guide in Gimp

Good luck!

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline ShadowQuest2000

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:20 am »
Heh sorry I wasn't clear. Yes I followed all the steps in the Map Maker Manual, and everything is following what It should be. My Terrain thing does have a name MistTerrain.png is what I call it. || Summary of what I was trying to say is: Everything is following what the guide says. The Height Map is on Grayscale and is 513x513 and is all one layer. But every time I try and enter 'MistTerrain.png' into the Terrain Height map thingy-mah-jig My game crashes. So how do I get it not to crash and just load the terrain/ground?

__ Sorry for my way of explaining stuff, even though I am full english I talk weird in questions and explaining stuff. (Doesn't have good people skills, but roleplays good and writes books)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:26:39 am by Shadow »

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:43 am »
Try to re-name it to Mistterrain.png
if it doesn't help, PM me.

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline ShadowQuest2000

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:12 pm »
I already tried that, but ok.