Author Topic: Problems with Particles  (Read 940 times)

Offline ChangleCity

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Problems with Particles
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:39:14 am »
Hello again,

Thank you for considering my problem ~ It's not the end of the world, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

I've recently downloaded an amazing Particle mod by Glave.

((Thread found here)) http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10942.0

Glave's 'read-me' found in the download is quite self-explanatory, however for me, (having the luck that I have), I cannot get it to work. I did everything insisted, being the only step necessary. I entered the correct name in the correct location in Effect Maker, and have dropped all the files in FH>Media>Particles. (As insisted within the read-me).

When I go to click 'Add New' in the Effect Maker on FH, I receive this.

The particle is supposed to be much smaller, little pink petals that travel through the sky as labeled in the download. I have seen them before in a map, and fell in love with their simplicity... however, I did something wrong, and got a different outcome. This object as seen in the screenshot above does not move, nor does it do anything but remain where it is like a regular object. I'm not sure what I did wrong, I did everything in the instructions.

Is it possible I missed a step? If so, I will not deny it. I frequently slip up. Hopefully this can be fixed, all my map needs now is some charming petals. Thank you for your time, and as always, leave suggestions below; any advice will help.

baltowolflover

Re: Problems with Particles
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:46:04 am »
Did you try moving the files into my_objects? Sometimes that works. And if you do. Try loading it in the object maker.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Particles
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:49:50 am »
Go to Object Maker>> Effect Maker then instead of the Billboard tab, go to the Particle tab and try typing it in there. I got the same result as you when I typed it in Billboard.

Hope this helps :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.