Author Topic: Crashing, Still.  (Read 763 times)

Luuxas

Crashing, Still.
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:24:33 am »
I've uninstalled FH for a while now and decided to reinstall it. Of course, there was the throuble of Chrome blocking it for 'malicious content' and I figured out how to navigate past that. I allowed DirectX to install also.

But FH crashes before the logos even show up (Ogre, IRRKlang, etc). Like it turns black, as usual, then "Feral Heart.exe has crashed." Immediately. Each time.

Help?

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Crashing, Still.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:38:52 am »
It's possible that what you have is just a render issue. If you go into your FeralHeart folder, you should see a file called "ogre.cfg" - open that with notepad or some other similar program. You should see something like this:

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Change the Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem so that it says Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem, or vice versa depending on what you originally see there. Launch your game up and see how that goes for you.

If that doesn't work, you're left to clean stuff out. Try uninstalling again and then completely clearing out your computer of anything FeralHeart related, And I do mean everything. Running a search through your (C:) drive and deleting the results usually does the trick. Reinstalling should then let your game run smoothly.

Hopefully one of these two work for you.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Luuxas

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:48:01 am »
It's possible that what you have is just a render issue. If you go into your FeralHeart folder, you should see a file called "ogre.cfg" - open that with notepad or some other similar program. You should see something like this:

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Change the Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem so that it says Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem, or vice versa depending on what you originally see there. Launch your game up and see how that goes for you.

If that doesn't work, you're left to clean stuff out. Try uninstalling again and then completely clearing out your computer of anything FeralHeart related, And I do mean everything. Running a search through your (C:) drive and deleting the results usually does the trick. Reinstalling should then let your game run smoothly.

Hopefully one of these two work for you.

I tried the second option and it worked smoothly. Thank you :]

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 02:50:02 am »
Ayy, you're welcome. Glad to see it worked out for you. Deleting everything is kind of the FH version of "have you tried turning it off and back on again".
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3