Author Topic: After Exporting- Can't go onto the game at all.  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Braveheart352

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
After Exporting- Can't go onto the game at all.
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:18:40 pm »
So,
I know this is a frequently asked and answered statement- apologies for that. xD
But, I was working on a map for a while now, tried to export it, and when I tried to restart FH, my game crashed.
And it keeps crashing.
I can't get onto the log-in screen. I've re-downloaded the game, with my old FH renamed as 'FeralHeart1' so I have access to all of the files there. I've transferred them all.
I don't have any particle duplicates, or and missing files, I believe.
Which is why I brought up the topic.
So, if you have any suggestions to help, thank you, and I hope I can get this fixed with my maps intact! xD

~ Braveh.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: After Exporting- Can't go onto the game at all.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:30:43 pm »
After searchin' throughout the forums, I stumbled upon a quote sir Thierry has pointed out to a user who once faced a similar situation to yers:

This problem is unusual so i don't know the exact answer, but this happened once to ZombehKitteh and it was because she had too much objects groups with many meshes in a single map, and that ate all the video card memory.
Also could happen if you have an invalid mesh file or texture.

I suggest that you back-up your entire feralHeart folder and/or your maps and you try to delete complete objects groups from your map one by one by directly deleting the .object files, restart the game and to try to export your map each time you deleted one object group.
This is just to try to search wich object group could be causing a problem.
Then once you know wich one is wrong, you restore all the rest of them.

In the case your map is huge or has a lot of objects, make a back up of your map and try to delete half of the objects of it by editing the file yourmapnameObjects.cfg, just as a try, not permanently.

Perhaps that may be the cause of yer game crashin' the way it is.
gone

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:21:12 am »
I suggest you also try going into your "particles" folder and search for any duplicate particles ending in weird numbers like _1 or _0 etc and delete them.

Offline Braveheart352

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:43:50 pm »
After searchin' throughout the forums, I stumbled upon a quote sir Thierry has pointed out to a user who once faced a similar situation to yers:

restart the game and to try to export your map each time you deleted one object group.
yourmapnameObjects.cfg, just as a try, not permanently.

Perhaps that may be the cause of yer game crashin' the way it is.

@Vespian: It won't let me enter the game at all, as it crashes before the title comes up. I appreciate that you took time to search the forums, however, so thanks for that. xD

@LordSuragaha: As stated, no particle duplicates are present.