Author Topic: Braces....?  (Read 2371 times)

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
Braces....?
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:24:46 pm »
aaa
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:33:07 am by Faolannn »
Inactive. Will be back one day

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Braces....?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »
I have braces~ You literaly can't feel them when they're in. Well, it does ache slightly for the first hour and it might ache when you bite into things for the next few days, after you've had them done, but when you get used to 'em they're totally fine, they don't feel as though they're in your mouth! I've only had mine in for 4 months and they've straightened very quickly! The only things that my braces need to do now is close the gaps where I had my teeth taken out ^^..

Well, that's all I'm going to say for now, but if you need any more support with braces, how they're put in an whatnot, give me a quick PM, I'll guide you through the progress~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:33:56 pm »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:16 am »
I'm also getting braces soon, well next year xD I've been waiting 6 years so I'm really excited to get them finally, my teeth are pretty crowded at the front.

From what my friend has told me it is painless getting braces put in. Though they can cause a bit of pain and discomfort for the next few days. My friend ate custard most days and took some Panadol to relieve the pain if it got really bad. Depending on your mouth shape you might get plates first before braces. You need to make sure to clean them thoroughly every day, the orthodontist should provide a small toothbrush and another different brush.

Questions of my own :3

I'm curious to know if it's actually good to chew gum with braces? I know to stay away from sugary things but apparently chewing gum is good when you have braces.

Another bit to note is that you can sometimes experience pinching in your mouth along the fleshy inner part of your cheek close to your teeth because the braces sometimes poke or cling. The wire that runs through the brace can poke the back of your mouth if it's not clipped cleanly at the dentist so before you leave your dentist after every check up be sure to swish your cheeks and tongue around and make sure you don't feel any pinching or pricking anywhere.

About the pinching is that something that could randomly happen?

I wish you luck with your braces Faolan :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:08:43 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:30:26 am »
To answer your question Ingredient gum is a big no no when you have braces. Unless it's sugarless (I know what fun is that right? lol)... however that isn't to say to still use caution. Sticky, chewy, and or hard food can damage or break the hard ware in your mouth and cause you to take an emergency trip to the dentist (trust me I learned the hard way quite a few times cause I was stubborn at first lol). If you break the braces you'll only be making yourself uncomfortable, angering the doctor because you're wasting expensive stuff, and prolonging the process. I broke my braces by snapping the metal wire that runs through them a few times. I couldn't give up my steak lmao. Eventually you'll grow new methods of chewing that could possible help you to still sneak some naughty foods in but as a word of advice I just don't recommend it lol.

As for the pinching bits that can sometimes happen randomly later on. Braces have abrasive material and so sometimes if an area rubs a bit much on the inside of your mouth for long enough you might get some pain or discomforts. While this isn't something that happens often it's just something to note to be aware of and possibly catch before you leave the dentist's office and well always have dental wax handy. Most of the time you'll be pretty comfortable though so don't worry to much about it.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 08:02:58 pm »
I'll suppose it depends on your teeth and gum health to make it tolerable. For the time I was introduced to braces, it was hectic. Mostly because a few of my teeth needed to be pushed back to allow the metal to slip inside. As for overall physical tolerance, I'd say it's not as bad as you would think it could be. For the first few weeks, possibly. After the first month, there's not much to complain about except the whole food choices. 

To answer your question Ingredient gum is a big no no when you have braces. Unless it's sugarless (I know what fun is that right? lol)... however that isn't to say to still use caution. Sticky, chewy, and or hard food can damage or break the hard ware in your mouth and cause you to take an emergency trip to the dentist (trust me I learned the hard way quite a few times cause I was stubborn at first lol). If you break the braces you'll only be making yourself uncomfortable, angering the doctor because you're wasting expensive stuff, and prolonging the process. I broke my braces by snapping the metal wire that runs through them a few times. I couldn't give up my steak lmao. Eventually you'll grow new methods of chewing that could possible help you to still sneak some naughty foods in but as a word of advice I just don't recommend it lol.

Knowing this, let's not pretend we all haven't done that, lol. There has been days where stubborness was at all time high and I'd eat things I wasn't suppose to. However, a few visits fixed that and exposed my food-rebellions. Added, braces does make you develop clever ways to eat foods without people finding out or slowing down when you chew so you don't literally stab your tongue. Worst, little mistake brace-wearers avoid. ~
Image © Mikita Kavalenka