Author Topic: In a bit of a fix- Mesh problems  (Read 1234 times)

Offline TytoOwl

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
In a bit of a fix- Mesh problems
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:50 am »
Tweedily doo Ferals! Tis Le Tyto here (asking her first question for game help XD). So I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a jip, my friend Hailstar56 made a map pack for a rp that I joined and I've just recently downloaded the map pack, well there are some glitches I would just LOVE to take care of! See the images below for what I mean:

What Hail sees-

And then, what I see-

These are two different meshes and for some reason the game thinks he use the one that he didn't and gives me big giant bridges instead of the small ones he used. We've tried all we can think of to solve this, including deleting some of the exports that came with the map pack download, but all is to no avail. So please, I would really appreciate some help here! I need to get it to what he sees so I can move about freely in the map without having to struggle to get to some places that would normally be a sinch without glitching inside a big giant bridge. Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, one of the images posted was wrong, it should be fixed now
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:21:03 am by Tyto »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: In a bit of a fix- Mesh problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:38:13 pm »
You've overwritten each others' meshes somehow.
Most commonly, this means one or both of you saved some downloaded meshes into a group like MyRocks, Default, etc. You should not be saving new meshes to any of the groups that came with the game, only new groups. Could this be the issue?

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:39:23 pm »
This can happen for a couple of reasons, the two most likely ones being another map export that's overwriting the bridge meshes or your own files overwriting them, like Ruby said there.

If you haven't tried it already, completely clear out your exports folder. Just make a not about which maps you have to download again beforehand. But try downloading this map first then, and have it be the only map you have when you go to try again - if that fixes things, the issue was just another map you've downloaded, so be careful when installing future maps to not overwrite things.

What it likely is though is something else in your own mesh folders, because hey, FH has been known to make things difficult. So plan B. Go to (C:) >> Feralheart >> media >> objects. If you have anything in "my_objects", clear out that folder and restart. If you have .object or .fho files in the main objects folder that are not the default files, delete those. NOTE: Don't delete the default files in the main objects file, only the ones you put there, if any. Default, MyPlants, MyTrees, MyRocks, and Miscellaneous are the only default .fho and .object files as far as I know, but I might be wrong there.

**The easier way to go about doing this would be to obtain a vanilla copy of the objects file and swap them out, if you're unsure of what to keep and what not to keep.**

Aaaand if that doesn't work, best I can suggest to you is to search your computer for anything FH related and delete it, then reinstall the game and download the map again. Hopefully you can just wipe your exports or get a new folder for your objects file instead.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline TytoOwl

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:31:05 pm »
Hmmm...All logic sounds reasonable, I suppose our objects could have overlapped in a sense and now the game says "I'm very confused, I'm just going to give you this and you can call it good!". However, even if wiping out either my exports folder or my objects folder will solve the crisis, I do no feel comfortable in doing said action. Are there perhaps other ways? I did suggest to Hailstar that he remake his map pack and post the new download, after having removed some objects from his files and from Object Maker, to try and fix the problem. Because, not only am I experiencing some difficulty, but others who have to map are too as well, only they can't see the bridges or little islands at all whatsoever whereas in my case its the total opposite and a catastrophy.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 02:02:26 am »
Well, it depends. If it's possible for you to find vanilla object files (the default, mytrees, myrocks, etc) and replace the ones you have, it shouldn't harm your other files and would fix the issue if that's what it's stemmed from.

Also, is this map in a .zip folder where you manually drag the files, or is there a downloader that runs and installs it for you? If there's a downloader, try and get it in a .zip so that you manually put in the files and make sure that nothing gets overwritten.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline TytoOwl

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 03:39:22 am »
Tis in Le .zip, but I don't understand "find vanilla object files" and replace the ones I have?