Author Topic: Black Screen really REALLY sucks!  (Read 776 times)

Offline milococo1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • yolo
    • View Profile
Black Screen really REALLY sucks!
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:09 am »
I have just downloaded fh, and the game seems to be all weird. At the home page it only has hills, no trees etc. and on the character screen the background is entirely black. I have read all the other posts about this, but they didn't help. and yes, I have gone to options and changed it to direct3d9, and I have gone to ogre file and changed it there as well, and even had to change some settings for me to be able to edit it. I think it may be the graphics card, but I don't know what card I have, or what card fh requires. I have downloaded, deleted and redownloaded multiple times. I hope this can be fixed.'~' :s  :'( I really want 2 play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Black Screen really REALLY sucks!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 01:39:15 am »
Hmm, it seems to be the game, did you try the torrent download? When meshes and textures are missing, it sometimes will indicate that a file is missing from the download. Try downloading the torrent, and if this dosn't work, then check Pt. 2 Of this post.

Pt. 2: So your trees, plants, and character screen textures are missing right? Well, if you think it's your graphics card, check the age of the computer it's self, and if it is a older computer, then do look into updating drivers, video card drivers, and your other drivers. Once these are all up to date and such, check to see if the game works. If it does not work, then refer to trying the torrent download as stated in Pt. 1.

Pt. 3: Changing the Ogre file and rendering system wont help missing files, also check your particles folder located under your Local Disk drive or where ever you saved you FH folder, and go under Media, then click Particles. Check for any files with the ending of _0 or _1 or _2. If you find any like this, delete them, then check your game again.

Hope this helps floof~

- Dr. Druid

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves