Author Topic: I Need Help With Flames ;-;  (Read 969 times)

Offline Mythrim

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 69
  • *fingerguns out of the game*
    • Jurgencarmeitder
    • LetzGetTechy
    • @Ellerysia
    • View Profile
I Need Help With Flames ;-;
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:32:26 am »
Mythrim can make presets... but particles elude her ;-;

I'm crafting a new roleplay, and I need BLUE fire for one of the rituals. I tried messing around with Thierry's fire particle, but I'm just too clueless to understand how anything like that works.

If you can explain how to do it...... or make it for me....... or give me a link to one that's already been created, I would be EXTREMELY grateful. <3
Known as Mythrim[/i] but no longer in-game! Message me on Discord at  Mythrim#0869

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: I Need Help With Flames ;-;
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:40:55 am »
I'm not good with these either, but for the .png for the flare (or fire)..could you change the color of it to blue? I'm not sure. ;;

I'll try and hunt for one tomorrow, if there isn't a solution to this.

Good luck^^

Edit: Oh nvm, if you look down that smart Alpha has some nice tutorials for you. I hope you figure out how c:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:45:54 am by OreoHeroz »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: I Need Help With Flames ;-;
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:21:12 am »
1. Easiest thing you can do is open the flare.png file up in Photoshop or GIMP.

2. Make a new layer and change the new layer type to Overlay, the drop down menu should be next to the opacity menu.

3. Grab a paintbrush and select the colour blue, make sure it's rather dark otherwise it will turn green (don't worry it will turn out a bright blue in-game).

4. Colour the whole layer in, it should change the fire image from orange to dark blue without changing the black background colour.

5. Save the image as it is, same name so it replaces the old one (unless you want to keep the original orange fire, if that's the case you will have to do some name changes in the .particle and .material file)

6. Open up Feralheart and go to Object Maker >> Effect Maker >> Particle and type in Fire/Campfire then click Add New and the flame should be blue.

Hope this helps :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.