Author Topic: Preset problem.  (Read 1214 times)

Offline BurritoButt

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm a paranoid parrot!
    • View Profile
Preset problem.
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:34:05 am »
Hello. I'm new to making presets and recently made my own for this WarriorCats RolePlay I'm in.
But people are having difficulties downloading my preset. They download the file I upload to Mediafire and they put it into the preset folder and come back to  not seeing my preset.
My friends can't seem to find out the reason why, they said my files should be .png but it doesn't work when I put it to .png so I have all the files to .jpg, I'm not sure if this means anything at all?
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not...

What I do is I do all my files in Gimp, save all in my preset folder 7, all as .jpg apart from the mane, that is the only working .png. - So I save them then load up Feralheart and go to preset maker, open preset 7, export it to my account then retrieve the file I exported from my preset folder. Take that file onto Mediafire to upload, copy my download link, send it to my friend, they download it, put it into their preset folder, restart their game and come back to see my character hasn't changed at all.

Am I missing something? All I really have is old youtube videos for help, which havn't proved most helpful right now, unless I'm not looking right.

All help is appreciated, thank you!

AlphaEclipse

Re: Preset problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:40:04 am »
This might help:
Solution one: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

Solution two: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH.

Solution 3: If you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.

Hope this helped a little.

Can they noot see the preset at all as if they never got the download or do they see entirely white? If it's entirely white, that's a different problem. It doesn't matter what it's saved as, as long as it matches the .material file before you export it. For example:

If it says texture preset_5body.png in the material file, you have to save it as preset_5body.png.

Offline BurritoButt

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm a paranoid parrot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »
It had been solved, thank you for your help. :)
I had to change the name of it to .BurritoButt from .Burritobutt.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:50:53 pm »
It had been solved, thank you for your help. :)
I had to change the name of it to .BurritoButt from .Burritobutt.

Glad it's been fixed! ;)