Author Topic: Changing Your Mind?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Changing Your Mind?
« on: May 11, 2014, 07:49:06 pm »
Ever had that moment where you decide to step into Feral Heart as a specific character, perhaps a white tiger, but once you get inside the maps you immediately get inspired to switch characters?

And whilst making your awesome, new character you get a little bored making it so you give up on creating it and come back as the character you originally played as?
Perhaps you just felt like no one was there even though there were plenty of floofs out there chatting away. And maybe lack of excitement added to that. I can openly admit that it happened to me plenty of times.

In the end I just give up and exit the game only to feel an urge to go back on. Its tempting to just switch characters once no one pays attention to you. Its always good to hear that small compliment about your canine's looks or your dazzling feline features. Or those extraordinary markings that are rare and appear white to most of the community.

Whatever the reason, just share with us your biggest change of mind whether it is about your characters bio, or your mate. Or if it is about character change then give a reason as to why you had an urge to do so c:
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Lightningwolf103

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • noakrai
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: Changing Your Mind?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:33:13 am »
This happens to me like all the time. xD
I'm mostly on my fursona, but once there's no one to talk to I tend to go on one of my OCs and RP. However, most of the time no one's online in my RPs, or no one pays attention to me, so I get back on my fursona. x3
Also, creating new characters helps me to get less bored. But sometimes I'm just like, "No." And I give up on it. When I actually created a character I like, I play on it for like 30 min, then I get bored, go on another character, and never use my newly created character again. Only when I feel like it. xD
One last thing, sometimes when I want to change characters I change my mind and get back on the character I was playing on. cx

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »
Haha I can definitely relate to this.
I do that all the time! Sometimes I'll just sit in-game if none of my friends are on and stalk the chat without saying anything. If I don't feel like Roleplaying I'll just tab out of the game and chill on the forum or on DA, then just click back in every once in a while.

Or I will pop in as my fursona, but as soon as I get into a map I'm just like "...Bored." and switch characters, and then as soon I get back in as a different character, I switch right back to my fursona.

The struggle is real.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »
All the time yes! It's mainly when I want to hang out with a big species of animals that I see other people get on, like tigers at Bonfire. When I start making the tiger char, I love it at the end and really want to keep it, I get on and every one of the tigers has poofed. I hang around for a few minutes to see if they come back, they don't, I get off, come back as something else, and they're there again! By that time I've already deleted the other tiger char and do NOT feel like making another one!

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »
The struggle of life in Feral Heart xD
I had the same thing but with white tigers, hence why I mentioned them as an example. I was in bonfire and I noticed a white tiger lingering near some trees. I got off and made a white tiger, I came back inside to find the white tiger gone. I was disappointed yet I had the patience to wait around for around 10 minutes before deciding to get off and play as my fursona again.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 11:31:18 pm »
Eh, it happens to me espescially in roleplays. I find this cool RP that I want to join, but when I join it and they still be looking I decide to leave sooo yeah.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:34 pm »
Yup, had that happen to me when i was role-playing. Once I was Role-playing as a lion and made this character. 5 minutes into the RP I wanted to get off and change it but of course knowing me I would have probably left the game if I went off to change my character, so i forced myself to stay until everyone got off.... Painful 15 minutes ever ;)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 03:27:13 am »
Yeah from time to time I have these "change of mind" moments. Usually it happens any time I attempt to play as a feline character. I don't dislike kitties but I can never apply myself to feline characters for some reason. I often have made lion/lioness characters or even cats that look pretty nice only to get in game, run around a bit and get bored and immediately switch back to one of my canines.

I also encounter this issue when I am picking between my many beloved OCs. While I love Sura sometimes I miss using MorbidDecadence or Kaz. There are times when friends will see me switch between characters quite a few times with in one gaming session lol.

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 09:19:53 am »
[removed]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:28:04 am by WildWolf#1 »

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 11:24:06 am »
This is practically all I do on FH xD I totally agree.  So relatable. ;)