Author Topic: Why do so much people care about realism?  (Read 3657 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Why do so much people care about realism?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 02:33:16 am »
I honestly don't know...
I guess some people will just look for ANY little excuse to stir up an argument or cause trouble.
It could also be the stress from some time ago about sparkeldogs and stuff like that made control freaks of this game act this way.

Now even the slightest hint of an unrealistic color on a character means "UNREELIZTIC N00BZER!!11!!" these days. Even if the unrealistic colors mix! :c

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 08:10:26 am »
This is a question I ask myself a lot.

You know its very ironic when a game gives you the option to be very abstract and colorful that most people tend to make realistic characters, environments and vice versa. We have a majority of Feralheart that like realistic coloring, or at least semi realistic and roleplay 'realistically' (I'll get to that in a moment) but then there are other games, such as wolfquest, where many players desire this sort of creativity and usually have to describe there character with a paragraph or two just so there others understand since they cant see the character.

An about the roleplay. You have to remember that not everyone on feralheart are exactly.... how should i put this nicely... mature and intellectually inclined in the realistic field they claim to be rping.

Newsflash people: Books such as warrior cats, guardians of gahoole, wolves of the beyond are NOT what realistic roleplay really would be! It's called fiction for a reason.

The animals can not communicate through words and simply use gestures and facial expressions. Like Suga said, lions would be sleeping most of the time and wolves would never be alone unless they were asking for death. And a lone wolf CERTAINLY can not take a grown elk. Its just not realistic.

Honestly, if you can follow the life of an animal exactly, then kudos. I can't do such a thing because it personally bores me to. Then again, I am more of a human, fantasy creature roleplayer myself.

Really, this all just seems like a section of people who yell. "OMG. Illiterate! You cant join us because you're not like us!" It really annoys me because this community really does have some unique characters and to see people demeaning such creativity is a real shame. In the end, we all roleplay and make these characters because these alter egos give us a break from the harshness of reality. If someone wants to be a wolf/lion/bird/bear/human/alien/custom species, then let them and give them a chance! Who knows, you might end up loving their character!

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Frostbitten Aurora

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 12:07:02 am »
my worst experience was seeing mating.....so awkward o-o

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:54 am »
my worst experience was seeing mating.....so awkward o-o
Hmm, it states in the rules that "mating" in public maps is worthy of a report.
Keep Appropriate Language And Behavior
This game is aimed towards a wide user-base of all ages and therefore you must keep the language and other behavior to an appropriate level that works for everyone. Swearing inside of the public chats is NOT allowed or encouraged by anyone. Even if you censor your writings and they still represent an obvious curse/swear you might get warned/kicked/banned instantly upon notice, this is because we want to keep FeralHeart a friendly place for the majority. Users are also expected to keep any actions representing any sexual behavior such as mating/raping(Buttswinging over another character) AWAY from public maps, ignoring this rule can result in a permanent ban.
If you have screenshots of their usernames, I'd report them to one of the staff members. ^^
How to Report