Author Topic: Some Words Of The Wise~ [Upcoming Update]  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Some Words Of The Wise~ [Upcoming Update]
« on: May 08, 2014, 06:55:19 pm »
Words Of The Wise

Welcome, and just a bit of a wee warning before reading, this post contains some ranting and possibly upsetting material to those who commit this type of behavior thank chu~

So, to start off, this topic was not made to hurt anyone or make them unhappy in anyway, I just like to share some good things and try to say people can make a difference within our community, it all depends on you, the way you treat others, the way you handle non-allowed behavior, and rants. Some of the behavior is not accepted and has been getting a little out of hand. Just read below, and see if any of it you agree to <3

Treating Others How You Want To Be Treated
This behavior all carry's back to you. Lately, I myself have experienced some users being bullied and have always helped when I was needed, but I can't always be there, so that's when you, the community, should have the chance to step in and show you don't approve of bullying. If you see this behavior, don't be afraid to speak up in the situation, don't just let it go as bullying does make thing occur such as: depression, suicide, low self esteem, and more things that can lower a kids behavior level or make then down. Have any of you seen the "Speak Up' commercials? They have a point which is being brought up here. The point in this paragraph is speaking out against bullies and helping others in need, I know I would do the same thing for you.

Handling Reports and Misbehavior
If I shouldn't have posted this topic, please alert me in the comments lol, thought it would be good to discuss <3

So, members have been ranting about members behavior in threads, well MODs have said time and time again to send the reports to them. It is a good thing to report bad behavior to the staff team here. They are the ones that keep it safe for everyone to play the game and it keeps things, well, in-paw sort of speak. The moderators are not out to hurt you, they want to help <3 And will at anytime of need. Just talk to them if you ever need something! <3

How You Can Make A Difference
Making a difference isn't just lending a paw where it is needed, but being friendly to others and showing how much you care <3 Being a good citizen is a good way to show respect and make a effect on others. If you want to be a good floof, help where it is needed, report and behavior, and step in when you see someone being rude to a fellow floof. It's the little things we do that help others choose good things instead of bad ones. You as a community are the ones that make the decisions, and you all have a role on each other! Be respectful and helpful and lend a paw to the course <3

~ Whisper

(Updating soon)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:16:25 pm by Whisperingwaves »

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Re: Some Words Of The Wise~ [Upcoming Update]
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 07:17:40 pm »
              I agree with everything you have shared with us Whisper. I agree with the fact that if you see bullying you should step in and  help find a solution to the problem; REMEMBER to not pick sides and just suggest that one of them be the bigger better person and walk away. This thread can be very helpful and I thank you for sharing it with some people who may need it :)
~ The Lovely Shay 
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:42:56 pm »
Aye, wonderful words of advice.
I, too, have been noticing the few little altercations unfolding between fellow floofs in-game and have managed to speak up in the victim's defense.
Cyber-bullying is not okay and it's great that you made this to make people aware.
Never be afraid to stand up for others because this is indeed a serious issh.
Thank you for sharin', Whispie.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:46:18 pm »
Aye, wonderful words of advice.
I, too, have been noticing the few little altercations unfolding between fellow floofs in-game and have managed to speak up in the victim's defense.
Cyber-bullying is not okay and it's great that you made this to make people aware.
Never be afraid to stand up for others because this is indeed a serious issh.
Thank you for sharin', Whispie.
Ah yes, I agree. Never feel pressured not to say anything when you see someone being bullied. We need to work as a community to help each other :)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »
A very resourceful thread here, madam Whisper. Thus far, I do agree with what ye're tryin' to voice out to the rest of the community. The staff as a whole cannot be around every rock and tree in every map 24 hours of every single day. We depend upon the community as well in aidin' us in keepin' the game- and forums- safe for each and every member. While words alone can solve some ordeals, there are times when action must be carried out. This is especially indicated towards cyber-bullyin' or the harrassment of an innocent user(s). I like with what ye're comin' off on, Ms. and I will be keepin' an eye on this thread for more words of the wise.
gone

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:19:32 pm »
A very resourceful thread here, madam Whisper. Thus far, I do agree with what ye're tryin' to voice out to the rest of the community. The staff as a whole cannot be around every rock and tree in every map 24 hours of every single day. We depend upon the community as well in aidin' us in keepin' the game- and forums- safe for each and every member. While words alone can solve some ordeals, there are times when action must be carried out. This is especially indicated towards cyber-bullyin' or the harrassment of an innocent user(s). I like with what ye're comin' off on, Ms. and I will be keepin' an eye on this thread for more words of the wise.

Thank you Vespy -huggles- I did do that intentionally, Cyber bullying is the 'thing' now for those who can't hurt others face to fave, and it is wrong. And yes, the staff can only do so much, and be in one place at a time, the community is a big aid to them <3 And I believe that if someone is being bullied, someone should speak up <3 Thank you guys for all them nice comments, I will love you now -casually squeeze hugs-

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves