Author Topic: Awesome orchestral music anyone?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline ShadowPhoenix515

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhhh
    • View Profile
Awesome orchestral music anyone?
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:47:07 pm »
Whats up?!? lol. anyway Have ypu guys ever heard the song, Lugia's Song from Pokemon 2000? It is by far my favorite song from any of the pokemon movies. Ill post some other cool music in a bit.

Lugias song (Pokemon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqpXrDuLqE0

Tears of life (Pokemon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0008o-6cs

Oracion (Pokemon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB6SJkc1sGg

I Am the Voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bnzs8dU0ec

Heres what i have now, check back in a bit though. If you want to share any awesome orchestra like music write it in a reply pweez :3

enjoy the musics :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:56:09 pm by ShadowPhoenix515 »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome orchestral music anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:33:06 am »
Hmm, so these are movie soundtracks, no? c8 I really like "I Am The Voice," though. It's very nice, and the triple meter it plays in is fun, almost dancelike.

I have a pretty okay arsenal of orchestral/soundtrack moosiks, as well. ^^"
October (band orchestration), Alleluia (vocal/choral version of October), or Water Night by Eric Whitacre are just sublime. He's a fantastic composer, and his works are so thought-provoking. (Well-known composer, you should look'm up if you're into choral/band literature). You could fall asleep very peacefully listening to his work.

Forbidden Friendship, New Tail, or Test Drive by John Powell, from the soundtrack to the movie How To Train Your Dragon. I love Powell's writing because of his use of bombastic and exciting brass (I'm completely biased, because I'm a brass player myself, and I have no shame here ;D), but he also brings out such gentle and beautiful scenes, as well, such as in the Forbidden Friendship track. Great movie, too. <3

Symphony in B-Flat - III Fugue, Rather Broad is the third movement of Paul Hindemith's Symphony in B-Flat. The whole piece is very nice, but I had the opportunity a year or two ago to sightread this fugue (a fugue is a piece that is based on the repetition and "passing around" of a certain theme or pattern from section to section, and elaborating on it throughout) to play this piece with the Shenandoah Conservatory wind ensemble. I fell in love with the trombone part at 1:36 in this recording, and to this day I just melt when I hear that one little bit--and it's not even the main melody being brought out there. xD
It's a very "talkative" fugue, a fun and active movement.

Danzon No. 2 by Arturo Marquez is sometimes called the "second national anthem of Mexico," due to its high popularity and familiar melody. I had the pleasure to also play this piece two years ago, and it certainly makes you want to dance a little. c; It's very sweet, too, once it cools down from the firey dancing sections, as well. With all of the soloistic phrases, it often speaks so lovingly throughout it, and rightfully so--the composer wrote it for his daughter. (Also, feel free to giggle at the video I linked you to--that's Gustavo Dudamel, one of today's most renowned conductors, and not just for his extremely wild hair-do. xD)

Hoedown by Aaron Copland is pretty much the happiest piece to ever grab you by shoulders and shake you around in your seat. Another one I've played (that's how I discover so much of it, I just-- *flails*). By its name, you can tell it's meant to have sort of an "old west" sort of theme to it, which some may not generally flock to at first (including myself), but just listening to the first minute of this piece is absolutely wild, and fun. <3 And it's Aaron Copland.

Strangers, from the Wolf's Rain soundtrack/OST, though I haven't done too much research into this one. It's not quite orchestral, but it does fit into the soundtrack theme decently.

The Courtship by James Newton Howard, written for the soundtrack to the movie Dinosaur in 2000 is just TOO precious, and by far one piece that can always make me smile. It's a courtship, a dance, and it has this irresistible, contagious, but still sweetly innocent ethnic twist to it that is both laid-back, but exciting and refreshing at the same time. It's full of African percussion, syncopated rhythms layered together, and is just fun background music, in my opinion. Plus, if you grew up watching the movie, it brings back fun memories of watching it, too~

I could throw out more stuff, but I feel like I'd end up with a whole page of stuff to talk about. xD I just love these pieces, and the searching for them online has brought me back to many other pieces I hadn't stumbled on in quite some time.
Eeee. <3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||