Author Topic: Strange Mesh Problem [Solved!]  (Read 1392 times)

AlphaEclipse

Strange Mesh Problem [Solved!]
« on: June 19, 2014, 03:49:10 pm »
I have made a boat(?) mesh in Blender and added a UV, but when I went to add it in game, it became "transparent" when looked at through F3.

-Not sure if this video will work-
When you F3 to the bottom, it looks  perfectly fine. I thought it was a material problem at first, but it has no effects.

Here's the material:
Code: [Select]
material Material/TEXFACE/boat_Cube.tga
{
technique
{
pass
{
texture_unit
{
texture boat_Cube.tga
}
}
}
}
I'm still a newbie with Blender 2.49 (64bit), so if someone could explain how to fix this (pictures are always appreciated!) I
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:53:33 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Strange Mesh Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:15:26 pm »
Click Me!

Theres always something in the tutorials board, sorry I couldnt help you(not good with meshing). Although, ill sniff around for something ^^

Or look here. These are tutorials on the blender site, not sure if something there will be of use, but its worth a shot ey?

~ Whisper
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:18:55 pm by Whisperingwaves »

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:41:58 pm »
Arr, there wasn't anything on that board concerning this problem, and I did look at the Blender tutorials- the one you linked me was for the newest version; I probably won't understand where to find what I need with that because I have Blender 2.49, sadly.

Thank you for the help though, I appreciate it. <3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:12 am »
This happens occasionally if you delete the faces off a solid. It's got nothing to do with your .material code :3

When you're adding a texture/material to an object in Blender, only the outside part of the model will become textured, the inside -which is the transparent part- does not become textured... This isn't easy to explain, so I'm sorry that I can't really explain in more detail why this happens xD

I know a quick way of fixing it but only using the later versions of Blender, such as 2.59. I can't remember if I ever found the same or similar solution in 2.49. What I can suggest is building an extra "layer" for the inside of the boat.

Select all the edges of the boat and press E to extrude them, then click Only Edges and using S (adjusting the scale) just choose how wide you want the ledge of the boat to be.

Once you've got the scale extrude the edges again, this time move the edges downwards. There's a miniature scale of the axis arrows (the red, green and blue arrows) in the lower left hand corner, it will tell you which X, Y, Z coordinate is for which arrow. The blue arrow is Z so use the grab button (G) and Z on the keyboard -in that order- to move the edges down.

Once you've done that press F and it will fill in the empty floor of your boat.

Hope this helps :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:15:28 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 02:44:43 am »
I had no idea that the inside of the mesh wasn't textured, and because of that I did delete one of the faces. Thank you so much again this really helped me. <3 -nuzzles-

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mesh Problem [Solved!]
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 06:28:36 am »
You're welcome Alpha <3

-nuzzles back-
Will be inactive due to work and exams.