Poll

Would you still play?

Yes
9 (60%)
No
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: What If Series: Feral Heart had no direct chat functions?  (Read 2098 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
What If Series: Feral Heart had no direct chat functions?
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:30:00 am »
Here's another discussion similar to the What if Feral Heart was a survival based game one.

As the title states, what if Feral Heart had no chat box? Imagine if it was similar to the game called the The Endless Forest and the only way to communicate and socialize was by carefully utilizing emotes, sounds and body language. How would the lack of chat boxes effect the game? Do you think it would improve or disrupt the experience? How would it effect roleplaying? Would you still play the game? Thoughts? Ideas?

wolfdog01

Re: What If Series: Feral Heart had no direct chat functions?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:33:35 am »
Pfffft, I would still play! I think that would be a whole new experience! It sounds amazing honestly and I would take advantage of any realistic RPs I could get my paws on! Plus we could still have the forums to chat on :P

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 04:38:04 am »
I would still play, you don't need a chat box to make a cuddle pile<3

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 09:26:45 am »
I'd still play too^^
But I get a feeling that the game wouldn't be as lively because if you're not chatting with friends or couching each other then you're RPing. (Probably)
Both things require a chat box.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:38:38 pm »
I think the idea is interesting enough, but it's not for someone like me. Personally, I don't like The Endless Forest. It seems weird to me to be able to interact with other users, but then not be able to talk to them. FeralHeart might be a little different if the nametags were left in, so you'd be able to find your friends on the forum or whatnot, but it just seems... eh, to me to have a social & interaction based game without the ability to speak. It would drive me crazy.

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:17:08 pm »
I think I wouldn't play. I've met some amazing friends on Feralheart, and without the chat box, it wouldn't be so easy to communicate ;-; But with the mods it would be a hella a lot easier for them, and there would be no judging and rants... but it would be cool, like the endless forest, if we had actions to communicate :)
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:06 am »
I think it would be a very interesting thing to see happen to Feral Heart. I know for sure I would still play the game, but I do know I would most likely be one of the players that would take a while to figure out everything on how to make a proper role-play happen. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 11:55:18 am »
Well, I would still play, but definitely not as often.
I feel like the chat function is a major part of Feral Heart. From being able to hang out with friends/meet new people, to story-like role playing, chat is important in my opinion. Yes, the game will require different types of creativity in that you would need to communicate via body language actions and whatnot, which can be fun.
Over all, I feel like Feral Heart without chat isn't Feral Heart.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Rizzla

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 12:08:08 pm »
Ehh... I'd probably leave if that were so. It pretty much defeats my purpose of playing, that being Roleplaying and talking with my friends. You could Roleplay that why, but how would you tell if the person on the other end actually wants to Roleplay? It'd be a lil hard to tell; cause if you're busy parading around using various emotes and the other person takes a run at you with the rage emote... You might think it's all part of their side.
As far as the whole not being able to talk to your friends goes, i already left WolfQuest because of their censored one.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:33:30 am »
I would still play, and I love love t because I doubt animals can actually talk with each other. Using remotes, body language, and sounds would more fun, and it would also be like a guessing game. We would have to guess what other people are trying to say!