Author Topic: FeralHeart refusing to work  (Read 875 times)

Offline RomulusLerolei

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FeralHeart refusing to work
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »
Well, I was fiddling with meshes earlier and getting some for my map that I'm working on for a group called TLG (the Lost Generation) when, after restarting my FH, it stopped working. The text box "Feral_Heart.exe has stopped working." kept popping up and asking me if I wanted to search for a solution. Anyways, I did, and nothing showed up to be wrong. I restarted my computer, waited an hour before trying again, and even removed the meshes I downloaded. Nothing worked. So, being a dingus, I decided to reinstall FH. One would think that would help, but it didn't.

Now, I thought it would be hunky-dory, only to reinstall everything I had such as presets, maps, and etc. Right? Wrong. I redownloade all that I had, put it in the correct folders, but left out the meshes. Now, it remains default, without meshes, MM, textures, presets, ANYTHING! Nothing will show up no matter what I do. Here's a clipped image to show what I'm seeing.

So, I'd like some help if it's possible. I don't wanna have to get a new computer just to play FeralHeart! ;o;

Offline saffron

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • formerly cubbythecub!!
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart refusing to work
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:59:54 pm »
Oh, that's terrible! .... The Lost Generation leaves you lost, doesn't it? Have you tried... Making a new account? That probably doesn't help, but it's worth the shot!  :'( I don't want you to leave Feral Heart, but if nobody'll help you, I guess you are going to have to leave...  :'( I really don't know any solution, or anything... I don't know why I'm posting here. I'm sure somebody will come across this and be all scientific with you, and teach you all this stuff.  :'( :'(
im more active on my deviantart, http://rainbows-are-sad.deviantart.com/

signature picture by hakumi : DD

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »
Hmmm....not too sure what could be causing this but when you reinstalled did you delete the original FH folder? That might have something to do with it

Offline RomulusLerolei

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »
Hmmm....not too sure what could be causing this but when you reinstalled did you delete the original FH folder? That might have something to do with it

I did indeed. Infact, I deleted everything except a few copies of presets and a map that I decided to keep.

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 05:09:30 pm »

I did indeed. Infact, I deleted everything except a few copies of presets and a map that I decided to keep.

Now for those two things, did you move them from your Local Disk (C:) onto another place or keep them in the folder? And when you moved them back, you did replace them right?

Offline RomulusLerolei

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 05:13:56 pm »
Eh, now I'm a bit confused. I originally had my old FH folder and FH shortcut on my desktop. After uninstalling the game, I deleted those two. I may actually not of deleted everything, though, so that might be the problem. I'll try it and reinstall everything. Thanks!

Offline RomulusLerolei

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 05:39:40 pm »
It worked! Thank you so much. :D Finally not going to have to abandon all my work. xD