Author Topic: Frozen water? (ASAP)  (Read 2553 times)

wolfdog01

Frozen water? (ASAP)
« on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:51 pm »
Alrighty, so I'm working on this snow map and I want there to be a frozen lake, though when I try using the ice terrain texture, it's not really all that see through and I kinda wanna make it look like this:

Like see through with a tint or blur or something. And if ya can't do that, that's fine but I would love to have such an awesome object. My computer, for some reason, only allows Glave, Jayfeather, and only one or two others pages to be viewed, everyone else's says it could not load the page. So I'm sorry if this has been made, my computer hates me lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:45:51 pm by ~Thyme~ »

AlphaEclipse

Re: Frozen water? (ASAP)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:46:48 pm »
(responding with tutorial from talk in-game)

Sadly I couldn't find a water mesh like that or anything similar to it, but, you can make your own water material. ^^ Remember, for the ice texture, you want it to be seamless, so when you're looking for one, make sure it's seamless or it'll look strange!

Source: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=8323.0

Feel free to post here or PM me if you have any further questions :3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 12:57:00 am »
What I could suggest for actual ice is using a BasicPlane.mesh and using your water texture on that. You can add a collision to it through Object Maker so you're not swimming in it (unless that's what you're going for).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aw3369b7v5lpi2p/BasicPlane.mesh

If you make the plane too big though then your water texture will appear really big and moving quite fast. I'm just using WaterMat as an example.

If it's moving too fast you can always edit the "scroll_anim" part in the .material file.

Hope this helps :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:18:51 am »
Oh that sounds good too Ingredient! :o But what material would I change? I can only thing of the actual water material for the whole game, and that would change all of the water yes? OR would I have to make a new material file and would it be exported with the map?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:28:08 am »
Oh that sounds good too Ingredient! :o But what material would I change? I can only thing of the actual water material for the whole game, and that would change all of the water yes? OR would I have to make a new material file and would it be exported with the map?

I would say make your own material- using Ringo's water tutorial that Alpha posted.

Copy and paste the water textures that are already in your Feralheart >> Media >> Textures folder and rename them if you want to use those. Same goes with the .material file in your Materials folder.

Edit them however you wish and it won't change the water material for the whole game. Then you should be good to export map with everything working.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.