Author Topic: Hello...I suppose.  (Read 1935 times)

Offline xBlueHoodedHero

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Call me Vyse
    • View Profile
Hello...I suppose.
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:57:17 pm »
Hi there...er...well...
I would like to have been apart of this community, but it wasn't very welcoming in game... I hope to stick around the forums, have fun, and converse with all of you, but I'll probably not be going in game any longer. People were pretty rude to me, not saying a few people mean the whole of the community act that way, but just those few encounters have made me a little sad. I didn't realize that having an abnormally colored character was a bad thing. People would not allow me in their role play because of my "eye burning" character. Of course it's their roleplay, they can refuse anyone and allow who they want in, that isn't my problem. What hurt my feelings was the fact that they were really rude about it and it made me feel like an idiot for having a slightly different colored character. Eye burning! It's so horrible! This was the first character I made in the game and now I feel ashamed. I feel ashamed about my art as well because it seems my abnormally colored characters have now been placed in the same boat as MS Paint works. It just makes me feel a tab bit depressed at the mentality of some people...

I know I shouldn't let a few people get to me, but...I just couldn't help feel this way when I was happy, looking forward to interacting with others. Here is some of my horrible eye burning art because it's not normal.
Zodiak
Vahn
Absitiam

Alright well anyways I will be sticking around the forums and defiantly interacting here, but I'm staying away from the game for now. I was also thinking of opening some preset requests because those are fun to do even though I'm not that good so far, but I am looking forward to seeing some cool looking requests. I hope posting this hasn't made me seem "butt-hurt" or a "hater" because I would love to talk to you all, but I thought I'd share my first experience in game.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:10:32 am by BlueHoodedHero »

#F75D59
BlueHoodedHero on DeviantART

AlphaEclipse

Re: Hello...I suppose.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:20:48 pm »
First off, I apologize that you ran into some rude players in-game. Some users discriminate "brightly" colored characters because of a common Feral Heart stereotype: All brightly colored characters are "illiterate" and noobs. It is very rude of users to do that, and the best you can do would be to block and/or report them if they really get on your feelings. It doesn't really matter what they think- as long as you like your characters and are happy with them, whether it be appearance or personality. ;)
Wow. Your art is absolutely stunning, and so are your creative characters! You should post a topic in the art section to display your art. I'd love to see more! (My personally favorite would have to be your character, Vahn.)
Anyways, I bid you a warm welcome to the Feral Heart forums! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here with all of us. Also, good luck on any future preset requests!

Offline xBlueHoodedHero

• Forum Newcomer
  • Call me Vyse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:54:25 am »
Thanks for welcoming me!  :D
Everyone has their own opinion and I don't want to go so far as reporting someone over that. Merely it would have been better had they simply declined me and been on their way. Their rude comments weren't needed, so perhaps they need more time to "grow-up" before judging a book by it's cover. They try so hard to to avoid the immature and illiterate, but they themselves don't really act any different.
Anyways thanks again for the welcome and I'll be sure to put up an art thread when I'm not being totally lazy. XD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:11:24 am by BlueHoodedHero »

#F75D59

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 02:58:50 am »
Warm welcome to ya floof! Sorry about your in-game experience, it is extremely rude of members to do that, in how I feel about it. You could report them if you ever have the issue again, as it is practically bullying and harassment. Or simply block em', as long as you love your characters, it doesn't matter what they think!
If you ever need help around the forum, feel free to message me, or a staff member: >>Click Me<<
I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum, and hope to see you around!

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline xBlueHoodedHero

• Forum Newcomer
  • Call me Vyse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:54 am »
Thanks for the welcome~
I'll probably only report people if they follow me and continually bother me. I'm not that trigger happy. XD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:12:05 am by BlueHoodedHero »

#F75D59

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »
Hello and welcome to the Feral Heart forums. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you on your first few days in the game. Many people in the game don't really have an appreciation for unrealistically colorful characters. But it shouldn't really matter what your character looks like; as long as you're happy with it that's all that matters.
I hope you enjoy your time here with the rest of us forum dwellers.
Inactive

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:18 am »
Well, Hello and welcome to the community of Ferals!

I'm sorry your first experience in-game was with such people. If somebody annoys you, just ignore them and move on. Everybody finds friends eventually and I'm sure you can find people that appreciate your style.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline wolf48877

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I Put The Succ In Succubus
    • View Profile
    • http://tinypic.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 03:29:11 am »
awww, im so sorry ppl were rude to u, I think your art is wonderful! and I bet your char's are too!!! I hope you do play in-game sometimes, don't let them get to you, there jerks who should apologize to you for how they acted, you are a wonderful person and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!                                         Best Wishes~ Raven and Ivy

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 03:49:32 am »
I'm sorry people were rude to you. But I promise, here on the forums you will always be welcomed. And also, if your interested, you can role play on the forums in the Role playing Section.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 08:14:31 am »
Oh.. This is horrible! This guys who were rude with you deserves nothing. But.. hope you can forget that. :( Also, you got amazing characters ^^ I really like them. Soo, welcome to the forums and have fun while you view topics and post in them, floof c:

~ Have a great summer, hun. ;)

Signature art by Kynvuu